Questions about anything

Misskermie

Reaction score
Sometimes the picture doesn't fit, sometimes there's annoying bars at the side, and it's rarely just right. :/

D'Snowth

Reaction score
My TV doesn't auto format, I have to do it manually: if a program is presented in a letter box format, I have to zoom; if it's presented in a pillar box format, I have to full, same with shows that are squished vertically; if they're squished horizontally... well, there's no fixing that.

But in situations like this, yes, just leave the shows alone, if we can adjust our TVs formats, we'll do it to suit our viewing experience, otherwise, JUST LEAVE THEM ALONE!

SEINFELD alone is one of the worst victims of this, that show looks completely different every few months.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Yeah. Just let viewers adjust their tv if they want to. Don't try to "help" format things. It looks bad...

I tell you, there is nothing more annoying than putting on an HD channel only to find that the show was pre-formatted with bars on the top and bottom. Everything looks squished.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Yeah. Just because it's widescreen, or cropped in widescreen, or squished in widescreen, that doesn't make it "HD".

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If a production is released on video, but the production was licensed to a video company (as opposed to the company that owns the distribution rights itself releasing it on video), does the company that owns the full rights pay for clearances or does the company that releases it on video handle that? For example, when SCTV was in production, whenever music was featured they never bothered to clear the music rights in the first place, and aside from a VHS compilation was never released on video until Shout! released the show in 2004, clearing as many music rights as possible. But if another company got the video rights to SCTV and wanted to release the same episodes again, would that company have to go through all the clearances again?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
What exactly is a "humdinger"?
And how would I go about dinging your hum?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Is it just me, or does it seem like people are getting the Questions About Anything thread and the Did You Ever Notice/What's the Deal With (Seinfeldian humor) thread mixed up?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
I'm just gonna stop replying to the whats the deal with thread. It took me too long to realize that no one really wants an answer to what they are posting. I'm dumb...