Questions about anything

D'Snowth

Reaction score
When did this and "What's the Deal With..." thread become the "Did You Ever See That Episode of THE SIMPSONS or FAMILY GUY Threads"?

charlietheowl

Reaction score
This just put a thought in my head... If somebody is given a jail sentence and then it's later proven that they didn't commit the crime after all, does the accused get some kind of award or benefits? The wrongfully accused should be given some kind of benefit for being wrongfully accused.
A lot of times when new evidence is found that clears someone in jail for a crime they did not commit, they sue the city or county or state that sentenced them and get some money that way.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
When did this and "What's the Deal With..." thread become the "Did You Ever See That Episode of THE SIMPSONS or FAMILY GUY Threads"?

I just checked the last few pages of both threads.... I didn't really see either becoming those. In the other thread I did ask a few "what's the deal" questions concerning episodes of those shows (I don't think I necessarily asked if anybody saw them), but I think I saw just as many posts about other shows and movies. The last "question" I posted, I did mention those shows, but those were the only examples I could think of to go along with what I was asking.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Uh... WHAT is THE NEW ADVENTURES OF OLD CHRISTINE doing... on Nick JR? :confused:

EDIT: Okay, apparently, Nick Jr. has a late-night programming block targeted at moms.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Uh... WHAT is THE NEW ADVENTURES OF OLD CHRISTINE doing... on Nick JR? :confused:

EDIT: Okay, apparently, Nick Jr. has a late-night programming block targeted at moms.

I assume you're talking about the Nick Jr. channel and not the programming block. But I was thrown off there for a second.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
That's an interesting question... I would assume there's an equivilant in Japan for them, or maybe Toontown has various different little boroughs like in the real world, like China Town or something.

My next question is, with some exceptions, how and why is it that British singers sing with American accents?

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
1. There might've been an anime or Manga cul-de-sac, if any such characters actually existed in 1947. If the preposed sequel ever gets off the ground, maybe one or two might show up.

2. It's a strange phenomenon for some British singers to sing with American accents, but it's something that's cultivated over time. For the first 15 years of the Kinks' existence, Ray Davies was proud to be so unashamedly British. Then he hooked up with the Pretenders' Chrissy Hynde, and slowly "petrol" became "gas", "motorways" became "highways", "The Underground" became "subways", "Wimpy's" became "Golden Arches", and his Cockney dialect slowly took on a Noo Yawk drawl. It must rub off on you, but it doesn't happen overnight.

BobThePizzaBoy

Reaction score
1. There might've been an anime or Manga cul-de-sac, if any such characters actually existed in 1947. If the preposed sequel ever gets off the ground, maybe one or two might show up.
Now I want to see Roger try and get into a nightclub where Totoro is the bouncer in the sequel. :big_grin: