Questions about anything

Misskermie

Reaction score
Why is it that on some TV shows, with bad words such A-hole, or Le God-Dangit
(But you know of course, not 'dangit')
They bleep out God, and hole, but not the bad word itself?

God and hole aren't bad words. :stick_out_tongue:

Bridget

Reaction score
Kind of a dumb question...

How tall is the average Muppet? Just wondering since I have absolutely no clue!

Bridget

Reaction score
Kind of a dumb question...

How tall is the average Muppet? Just wondering since I have absolutely no clue!

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There's one line in The Mask that I don't get. I can't understand the full line, but it happens when he's acting like he's about to die. The Mask says, "Tell Tiny Tim I want to be an ??? for Christmas". What is he saying? I thought it sounded like he was saying "Tell Tiny Tim I want to be an M for Christmas", but that doesn't make sense.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I have (and have seen) a number of video movie guides. How come older ones include all kind of VHS releases (movies, specials, TV shows, compilations of short films), while more recent ones focus exclusively on movies that have been released on video and DVD?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Ever notice how the majority of Looney Tunes compilation movies and specials pretty much avoided shorts with politically incorrect content, and when such shorts were included, they pretty much didn't include the politically incorrect stuff, even if the shorts were regularly being shown on TV at the time?

For example, Bugs Bunny's 1001 Rabbit Tales has a few clips from Wise Quackers, a short that would regularly be broadcast until 1992, but it's just the very beginning and endings, cutting out the offensive parts. Most of the cartoons in that special are more-or-less complete, with Wise Quackers and Aqua Duck being the only ones shown as clips only, and I feel like it very well could have included most of Wise Quackers. Another example, and I'm only going by what I've read online because I have never seen the special, is Bugs Bunny's Mothers Day Special, which has portions of Bushy Hare, which was regularly shown on TV until the late-1990s, and from what I've read the special doesn't include any clips with the offensive stereotype that appears in the short.

When it comes to these movies and specials, I guess the only real exception to including anything politically incorrect that was regularly being shown at the time of release was Speedy Gonzales cartoons in 1001 Rabbit Tales. And it seems like networks (and maybe even WB) were getting a bit concerned about showing his cartoons around the time, with ABC refusing to air them, Warner Bros. deciding against a Speedy Gonzales counterpart on Tiny Toons, only a few Speedy cartoons being shown on The WB (and the channel did have broadcast rights to a few additional cartoons), and then Cartoon Network taking the character off the channel, showing the character only occasionally (really early mornings or really late at night) before bringing them all back to the channel.