Questions about anything

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Speaking of people gone AWOL, whatever became of Ziffel?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Not sure, but seems like the last I saw of him was 2006, maybe? 06-07, somewhere in that area.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Are the terms "boy scout" and "girl scout" copyrighted/trademarked/pattned/whatever-the-appropriate-lawful-equivalent is? Because I've noticed a number of fictional properties, particularly cartoons, have scout-like groups that aren't called boy scouts or girl scouts (and sometimes they don't even have the word "scout" in the titles)?

Examples:
  • On Happy Days, Joanie was a Junior Chipmunk in the early seasons (I wouldn't be surprised if that was real and I just didn't know it).
  • DuckTales had the Junior Woodchucks.
  • The Simpsons had the Junior Campers.
  • The Muppets most notably has the Frog Scouts, but one episode of The Muppet Show had Wayne and Uncle Deadly mentioning that they were in the Junior Swamp Scouts.
  • Snoopy is the leader of the Beagle Scouts, though he's the only beagle in the Beagle Scouts. All other members are birds.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I tried looking it up, and most of the information I've found is ambiguous, but it does appear that the actual Boy Scouts of America corporation do, indeed, own the rights to "Boy Scouts". I'm not so sure about "Girl Scouts" though, considering Girl Scouts HAVE been used in fiction before... in the SANFORD AND SON episode "The Camping Trip", a troop of Girl Scouts end up hiking through Fred and Lamont's campsite; likewise in the movie DODGEBALL: A TRUE UNDERDOG STORY, the Average Joes find themselves up against Girl Scouts in competing for qualification into the ADAA (American Dodgeball Association of America).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
HOW many Comic-Cons are there in a year? Seriously, seems like every single month, a Comic-Con's in the news.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Ever notice when a movie comes out in January, the ads claim "Critics vote (fill in the blank) 'Best Picture of the Year!' " . Kinda makes the rest of the year anti-climactic, doesn't it?

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
How are there still Beliebers in the world? I mean, no offense, but Bieber has been in the news for the craziest reasons, from hit and run, to scandals and to not showing up for countless concerts, I still can't understand how he still has any fans left.

I guess they really do Belieb in him. *Ba dum kish*

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Because preteen girls are too blinded by his... "prettiness"?

Muppet fan 123

Reaction score
Yeah, well, they gotta grow up someday. I have a feeling they'll probably feel stupid about it all in ten years from now.