Questions about anything

D'Snowth

Reaction score
IS losing? Jaz, the "lost class" posters and fliers are still on the telephone poles from 2006.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
There's a problem I've had a few years ago, I probably should ask somebody I know personally but haven't really felt like it, and when searching for help online I have trouble finding my answer (maybe the same will apply if somebody answers here).

But a few years ago I got a digital camera for my birthday. At first, when I put the memory card into my laptop, images and video have transferred fine. But after a few months, the memory card stopped working. I figured maybe the memory card was full so I bought another one, but then that memory card wouldn't work. Not only that, but the old memory card would always bring up what was on it when I inserted it into my laptop, but suddenly wouldn't. Does anybody know what the problem could be?

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Make sure you don't have the protection tab on. There's a little switch on most SD cards that if switched, will prevent things from saving. I dunno about viewing though.

If the card is not being read by your computer, rather than showing nothing on it, then its something with your computer probably. If it being read, then maybe your files got deleted? If you formatted the card then everything would be deleted andd you should always format the card IN THE DEVICE YOU WILL BE USING IT so that it can create the proper folders and such.

"Wouldn't work" as you describe it isn't really telling me much. You gotta be more specific as to what is going on.

But if you are saying that a brand new memory card isn't working in your camera, maybe the camera is doing something to it. Does it work in any other devices that can read it?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Wait... they actually have birth control... for MEN?

Um... would it make me a bad person if I secretly partook in such a thing and not tell my wife my about it ifever I got married? I could say my fatness made me infertile, since apparently there's medical studies that prove that.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Men on the pill? Am I hearing this right?
Up until now, there was a little procedure where men would get a little "snip", but to think men could have an oral contraceptive... well, Equal Opportunity knocks...

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Make sure you don't have the protection tab on. There's a little switch on most SD cards that if switched, will prevent things from saving. I dunno about viewing though.

If the card is not being read by your computer, rather than showing nothing on it, then its something with your computer probably. If it being read, then maybe your files got deleted? If you formatted the card then everything would be deleted andd you should always format the card IN THE DEVICE YOU WILL BE USING IT so that it can create the proper folders and such.

It clearly works in the camera. But when I put the card in, the folder that comes up is empty.

On a similar note, is it possible to edit a video taken from an iPhone onto Windows Movie Maker? I tried once.... I recorded something with my web cam, and recorded some things on my iPhone to edit into the video. I was able to e-mail it to myself, but while I was able to view it on my computer, I couldn't put the files into Windows Movie Maker. I could probably just download a video editing app ob my phone and then upload to YouTube, but I couldn't do it that way if I was using multiple video devices for the same basic video production.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
On a similar note, is it possible to edit a video taken from an iPhone onto Windows Movie Maker? I tried once.... I recorded something with my web cam, and recorded some things on my iPhone to edit into the video. I was able to e-mail it to myself, but while I was able to view it on my computer, I couldn't put the files into Windows Movie Maker. I could probably just download a video editing app ob my phone and then upload to YouTube, but I couldn't do it that way if I was using multiple video devices for the same basic video production.
It won't work. iPhone is an Apple product, Windows is a Microsoft product. Any video from your iPhone will more than likely be in a format that would only be recognized by iMovie, or another kind of video editing software on a Mac computer, you won't be able to open it in Movie Maker because it's not a Windows-friendly file format. It would have to be an AVI, MP4, MPG, or WMV to import into Movie Maker.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
It clearly works in the camera. But when I put the card in, the folder that comes up is empty.
Hm. Odd. And you say it used to appear before? Maybe your card reader is bad on your computer? If you can't see files on any card you put in then its most likely your computer, or you don't have "view all files" selected.

is it rejecting the files or just crashing? And dumb question but the files were saved to the computer, right? XD Movie maker, from my experience, starts to crash when your files reach a certain size. If its rejecting the files, then they are not in a format supported my movie maker and you need to convert them first.

Movie maker really isn't good for video files. It's good for slideshows with music basically. But as far as editing video goes, I've never had any success with movie maker. In fact, I made a video that was only about two minutes long and I had to save it into four chunks of video then pray that it would let me import the segments and save.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Movie maker really isn't good for video files. It's good for slideshows with music basically. But as far as editing video goes, I've never had any success with movie maker. In fact, I made a video that was only about two minutes long and I had to save it into four chunks of video then pray that it would let me import the segments and save.

Several months after trying and failing, I had seen some videos on YouTube that were obviously taken from a camera, and they looked bad.