Questions about anything

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
My issue is I always have to buy petite sizes, which not every stores carries. In fact once I asked at a store and when the girl said no, I was so annoyed I loudly told my friend as we were leaving, "Well I'm telling everyone not to come here again!" Lol. But that wasn't very nice, the girl was only doing her job of course.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
No, but apparently it is. Personally, I'm not a big fan of formal anyway - I've only worn a suit ONCE in my entire life, but that was because I was attending a formal party anyway (not quite prom), other than that, just about the "dressiest" I ever get is a particularly nicely designed polo (or sweater if it's winter)... then again, I wear polos all the time anyway. I confess I'm something of a metrosexual, but not to the point that obsess over my personal appearance or anything, but rather I at least put effort into dressing myself for the day, rather than just throw something on that isn't dirty... or even just walk out still in my jammies, like a lot of people do today.

It does seem like most of contemporary society is a lot more open-minded about clothing these days: apparently, walking around in jammies in public is socially acceptable, whereas I can remember a time where wearing sweatpants meant you were a "loser". I always wear sweatpants though, but over the years, my mom had me switch from cuffed pant-legs to open-bottom hems, so I would look "more presentable". I hate jeans, they're terribly uncomfortable. So are khakis.
I'm with you on formal- these days I only wear a suit if I have to stand in front of a judge. Outside of my chef's uniform at work, I pretty much wear sweats and t-shirts.

I hardly wear jeans too much anymore. The most comfortable pants in the world (this could be its own thread!), when Levis first introduced Dockers, they had a fabric called pebblecloth, which was the softest material with the most give, but they haven't made them in 20 years. If I knew they were being discontinued, I would've bought up every pair in my size- thankfully 32x32's are easy to come by.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Why exactly do most TV shows these days give double credit for theme music AND music score when they're done by the exact same composer(s)? I mean, if the theme music and music score were done by different composers, that'd make more sense, but if they're done by the same person or people, why can't they just receive a "Music By" credit for everything like they used to?

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Who did the backing vocals on the song "Amino Man" by The Aquabats? Wikipedia said it was Dexter Holland and many people think that, but the Aquabats Wikia said that was just a rumor and the actual vocals were done by Robot imitating Dexter Holland.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
The YEAHS in the beginning do sound like Dex, but the woah yeahs really don't.

Also man, it really does sound like an Offspring song, but then again if Dex wrote it that makes sense XD

AquaGGR

Reaction score
(Woah, I didn't expect to get an actual response!)

I kinda knew it wasn't Dexter, but Wikipedia said it was. (WE ALL KNOW WIKIPEDIA IS ALWAYS RIGHT :rolleyes: )

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
You said the name of the singer of one of my favorite bands. I had to listen to this myself XP

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Speaking of The Offspring, was there any reason why they changed their musical style? Starting with Rise and Fall, Rage and Grace, they transitioned from punk-rock to a more pop-punk style (listen to "You're Gonna Go Far, Kid" ). Their newest album Days Go By seems to be the same too.

muppet maniac

Reaction score
Is that one song from The Eagles called "Heartache Tonight" or "Party Tonight"?
I always thought it was the latter.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
No, it is "Heartache", but can easily be misheard as "Party". As a few of us discussed elsewhere, The Eagles were one of the most overrated bands of all time. And back in the 70's, the record industry wanted to raise the list price of albums a dollar. Back then albums cost about six dollars, and a few of the big labels (including the Eagles' own, Elektra/Asylum) were pushing to raise the price to seven. Most bands protested,(Tom Petty in particular) fearing it would be too expensive and they'd lose fans. But the Eagles supported the hike, feeling they'd get a few more bucks in their pockets.

So **** Don Henley and the horse he rode in on.