Questions about anything

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
Same here. He was the only thing about the movie I didn't hate (well, I liked some of the songs, too). I don't know why, but for some reason, the villain and his assistant remind me of Mr. Burns and Smithers from the Simpsons. Don't know why, just the first thing that comes to mind. :wink:
Did you know the same actor played both the villain and his assistant?

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Why does 4Kids official YouTube channel have a ton of their shows on there for free? Won't they not make any money doin' that?

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Why aren't musical artists nowadays not making much of an impact? Performers nowadays are popular for like a month and a half before fading into obscurity.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Uh, because musical artists are basically copycats of everyone else? Nicki Minaj was basically the Black Lady Gaga before she finally developed her own style, but other than that...

There's no credibility these days: everybody tries to be like everybody else, not to mention music in general today has gotten very generic: they're all mostly songs about boyfriends and girlfriends, and they all have this big cinematic score to it, it's getting hard to distinguish them, because they all sound alike.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Yeah, I can't really name any modern artists that aren't imitating a different one.

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
Yeah, I can't really name any modern artists that aren't imitating a different one.
All the more reason people keep going back a few decades and find music with substance. To me, The Beatles will always be Ground Zero for great music, although there was a ton of fantastic stuff before them. But they really blew the doors open to endless possibilities.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
Why aren't musical artists nowadays not making much of an impact? Performers nowadays are popular for like a month and a half before fading into obscurity.
I think there's less time for artists to adjust to success and to get an opportunity to come up with that second hit. With the nature of internet popularity, once you can over a certain level of "hit" status, then you get pushed into stardom, and that's a tough adjustment. There's not a slow build-up, like playing in clubs and smaller gigs before getting that big break. You could become famous without having anything aside from the one song that breaks you.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Back in the 1980s (and possibly 1990s and 2000s), was it common for music video shows to begin with the first music video, without an opening title sequence or intro until after the first music video played?

I noticed that both of The Gerry Todd Show segments from SCTV begin with music videos before getting to Gerry Todd introducing the shows, and the video Country Music with the Muppets, which has the format of a music video show, begins with "Barnyard Boogie" before showing Rowlf hosting the show.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
If somebody recorded laugh track/live audience laughter from a TV show and then used the recording for laughter on another TV show, without permission from the studio that makes the show, can they be sued? After all, how easily can somebody identify if the laughter came from something else and where it came from? And if somebody took audio of laughter from a sitcom and inserted it into an original YouTube comedy video or web series, could the copyright holders sue if they found out (and how would they?)?

How did they do all those "360" scenes on That '70s Show? Those scenes show all four walls of a room, and I'm pretty sure that show was done in front of a live audience... How could they avoid showing the audience? Did they use green screens and insert walls behind the characters? Were those scenes actually not recorded in front of a live audience? I saw behind-the-scenes footage once that showed that the camera was on the table and the camera man would move it to whoever was close-up, but it didn't really show what they did about all the walls.