Questions about anything

minor muppetz

Reaction score
In The Muppet Show episode with Alice Cooper, how did they do the outline effects in Pigs in Space? Did they rotoscope the movements? Did they use Waldo technology?

AquaGGR

Reaction score
Why does YouTube require you make a Google Account to get a YouTube channel? Can't you just have a YouTube and not have all that Google+, Gmail, whatever stuff?

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Unforunately no: Google OWNS YouTube, and they're trying to sync accounts all into one service, so if you want a YT channel, you HAVE to get a Google account to sync it to.

AquaGGR

Reaction score
On the subject of YT, is there a way to get custom video thumbnails without becoming a YouTube Partner/verifying your account? The process of verifying your account is very sketchy (sending Google your phone number), so I'm not really up for it.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
No, it's an feature that's only available to partner channels. And it's really irritating too, in the beginning years of YT, there was always fixed positions for the pre-generated thumbnails of standard channels: the 1/4 mark, the halfway mark, and the 3/4 mark, rather than just randomizing the three thumbnails, but it's like they pick the most awful points in the timeline to extract thumbnails from, I rarely am happy with the thumbnails to choose from.

And I STILL have NOT given Google my number, nor am I ever going to. I might as well give my banking information to the Fuhrer.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Anybody know where I can find an insertial that ran on Nick Jr. in the early 1990s? I remember seeing it in 1992 or 1993 (or maybe it was both)... I don't remember much, but I think it was a poem, and it featured a giant walking in a city, and a voice-over. I think it was claymation. The only line I can remember, and maybe I am misremembering (or my 8-year-old self was hearing it said that way because it sounded funny) was "as strong as a weenie!"

minor muppetz

Reaction score
This might be a hard one, but does anybody know what the last theatrically-released movie (at least in the US) was that has not been released on any video formats? Not really counting rereleases (like the Song in the South).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I think, if I'm not mistaken, the movie A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE, with Viggo Mortensen and Maria Bello, was the last theatrical movie in the U.S. to be releasedon VHS before it went obsolete.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Was Disney the last studio to NOT put its newer movies on video within a year of release? I know that when Disney started The Disney Channel and Walt Disney Home Video the company was still rereleasing its animated films in theaters every few years, and had an official list of shorts that would NOT be included on The Disney Channel or home video, a list that got shorter and shorter throughout the 1980s and 1990s. In fact, even as home video was becoming more popular in the late-'80s, Disney was still bringing out new releases that wouldn't get released on video until the next decade. Even though VHS was expensive at the time, it seems like many other studios were putting their films on video within a year. I know that all of the Muppet movies and Follow That Bird were released on video within a year, and I think I heard that the same applied to the 1980s Looney Tunes compilation movies. Don't really know (for sure) of any non-kids movie examples, so maybe it was mainly kids and family films getting video releases sooner... But then again, the Disney movies are kids/family films. I wonder if Song of the South woulld have gotten a video release in the states if Disney didn't have this policy at the time that movie was last rereleased.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
How is THE OFFICE considered a "classic comedy"? It's modern - it's been on the air since what... 2007? 2008? And it just recently ended... it's not a classic. Maybe in another 10 years or so, but certainly not now.