Questions about anything

D'Snowth

Reaction score
So, in that SEINFELD episode, "The Pilot" (not the actual pilot episode, the one where Jerry and George sell their pilot to NBC and tape it), did Crazy Joe Davola die when he jumped from his seat in the stands?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Sometime ago I asked about why my memory cards wouldn't work on my laptop. After doing a bit of searching online and being stumped in figuring out what to do, I thought I'd figured it out... I read somewhere that I could reformat the files on the memory card, which I did after putting it in a digital camera, then I put the memory card on my computer. I could get the video to play on Windows Media Player, but when I go to Windows Movie Maker and put the file into the timeline/storyboard, it'll only play the audio.

To explain it a little more accurately, when I click on a video file from my memory card for Windows Movie Maker, video files do appear, and video plays when I just click on them. But when I move the video file to storyboard/timeline, video doesn't play (the video screen is just black, I think it has sound but the video I shot doesn't have sound).

So does anybody have any idea on what I should do now? What I was doing was just "test footage", with no intention to put it online. If I click on the selected files, outside of storybaord/timeline, video will show, but I can't edit the video that way (and I don't think I can save to the computer that way). I wonder if I could burn the video from Windows Media Player onto a blank DVD and then burn the DVD to my computer and edit.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Are you putting it in the correct section of the timeline? It's divided into vertical layers. You may be putting it in the audio layer and not the video layer

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Are you putting it in the correct section of the timeline? It's divided into vertical layers. You may be putting it in the audio layer and not the video layer

Yes. In fact I had it in storyboard mode first, and storyboard mode doesn't have that audio-only layer. And just now I put in some video files that had already been on my computer to make sure I wasn't suddenly having a problem with all video when it comes to editing.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, I don't know what I did, but I managed to get video from my memory card working in the storyboard/timeline portion of Windows Movie Maker. Actually I think I might know what it was (when watching in Windows Media Player and clicking on various things to click on I clicked on "video" which I think helped).

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Who invented glitter, and why? What purpose does glitter serve? I mean all it does it make a mess, you get it on your hands, then you can't ever get it off... and why do all holiday decorations in stores this year have glitter covering them all over?

AquaGGR

Reaction score
'cuz the kids like it. You think it's all pretty and stuff until you realize how much of a mess it makes.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
Oh, I thought she was all preoccupied with having sex with ghosts these days.