1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 49
    Sesame Street's 49th season officially began Saturday November 17 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Questions about anything

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Misskermie, May 8, 2012.

1. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

AVG started to get way too slow and bloated for my old laptop, and even began to force programs on me I didn't want or even need. Avast has been much better to me in comparison.

2. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

my friend swears by avg but it caused my brand new gaming computer to soft lock on the avg options screen. like. it was like my computer was frozen but i could still move my mouse, i just got the windows error noise when i clicked on anything. couldnt even kill the process. and this wasnt a one off thing. after i restarted my computer (by holding the power button down) it did the same thing.

3. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

Microsoft Security Essentials used to be able to scan my entire computer in just a couple of hours - four at the most. In recent years, however, it now takes 12+ hours to scan, and I don't even have that much more on my computer since I got it almost seven years ago.

But, thanks to adblockers, I've hardly ever had a major virus or trojan scare. On my previous computer, though, Spybot literally saved my butt numerous times . . . especially when McAfee's contract with Comcast expired, and I had to get a subscription for it, rather than it being a complimentary program - then it stopped working properly.

4. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

I use Malwarebytes; even the free version will scan your system and queue you to delete any detected threats.

5. D'Snowth

Yeah, but ever since Malwarebytes updated the program years ago, it interferes with browsers working properly; I had to ditch it entirely.

6. D'Snowth

[​IMG]
    Okay, I don't know this character, so can somebody please explain to me what it is about that even dudes like to cosplay as her?

7. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

I guess it's because she started off as a boy during the pitch pilot, but still has the same adult male voice.

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  8. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

to be fair though lots of boys cosplay as female characters and lots of females cosplay as male characters. its not that weird

9. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

She's played by a guy, and she's a pretty universally relatable character, in general.

10. ConsummateVs

ConsummateVs Well-Known Member

Can somebody please send me an MP3 of the song "Electricity" from the 3 Dog Band pilot? If you can, thanks a bunch!

(I already requested this in the Non-Muppet MP3s thread about a month ago, but I haven't gotten a response yet since no one ever really goes in there. So I thought that if I asked here instead, more people would notice.)

11. LittleJerry92

LittleJerry92 Well-Known Member

Seriously.

I find it annoying when people make a big deal over cosplays. Let people do what they want in the end.

ConsummateVs likes this.
  12. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Well-Known Member

Would you rather study harder or study smarter?

13. D'Snowth

How is the Popcorn Song adult contemporary? I literally was introduced to that song in elementary school music class!

14. D'Snowth

The local news did a poll of the stereotypes that define Millennials (the generation I'm somehow lumped in), and the results were "entitled" (a whoppin' 82%), "avocado toast and man buns" (3%), and "entreprenurial" (17%).

What in the world are avocado toast and man buns, and if this is a Millennial stereotype, how do I not know what these things are?

15. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

Well I mean, tbf, y̶o̶u̶'̶r̶e̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶o̶l̶d̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶m̶i̶l̶l̶e̶n̶n̶i̶a̶l̶'̶s̶ ̶b̶o̶d̶y̶.

Yeah, I have no idea where the avocado on toast stereotype came from, or why middle aged people seem to be so bitter about it.