1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Questions about anything

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by miss kermie, May 8, 2012.

1. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Nothing? Come now...

It manipulates the way we receive information in ways we aren't even aware of. Plus its history involving China is nothing to be proud of.
  2. Sgt Floyd

Sgt Floyd Well-Known Member

But I still think that comparing it to Hitler is not only unwarranted, it is also offensive.
  3. heralde

Well it's just an expression people use. Yes it's obviously an exaggeration. The bottom line is Google's little "do no evil" thing is laughable.
  4. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

But still, it is a bit unnecessary to throw out Holocaust references like candy...that was a very tragic event in the lives of many people, and comparing something as petty as Google to it just seems so unnecessary...
    Fragglemuppet likes this.
  5. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I wasn't referencing the Holocaust, I never even mentioned the Holocaust, my comparison of Google to Hitler is that Google as a company has practices that are a lot like that of a ruthless dictator (ala Hitler), and the way they mostly cater their services to benefit their own wants and needs as opposed to the people it's supposed to serve is similar to that of Fascism (Nazis).

I'm not the only one out there who feels this way about Google, it's just I'm the only HERE (at MC) who apparently does.
    heralde likes this.
  6. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I do believe you are entitled to your own opinion about Google, however I just don't think that using Hitler as an example is the best way to do it.
  7. Sgt Floyd

Fine, but you don't have to say it every single time someone mentions google :/
  8. D'Snowth

Should I compare them to Castro instead?
    heralde likes this.
  9. Sgt Floyd

No, we all know how you feel about google and there is no need to bring up your hatred every single time someone mentions it. All Hubert did was ask a question and you jump down his throat.
  10. heralde

Or Napoleon perhaps?
  11. D'Snowth

I didn't jump down his throat, I just answered his question in a facetous manner.
  12. heralde

Thing is some of Google's problems aren't petty (again its relationship with China). Yes the Hitler expression is an exaggeration but it's only an expression, no different from saying "something really bad."
  13. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

But if it isn't called for...all I did was ask a question regarding Google Analytics, and then suddenly we all spaz out about Google's problems?
  14. heralde

A lot of people have a problem with the company; it's been a long time brewing and it won't end soon. I can understand feeling frustrated because you were just asking a question but don't take it personally. :)
  15. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

I'm not taking it personally or anything, I'm just saying that it was uncalled for to suddenly compare Google to Hitler when someone mentions the word...
  16. heralde

I can see both sides; I probably can't be much help here, lol.
  17. D'Snowth

Well, it's kind of like how Newsie goes into her "Win-doze" mini-rants any time the subject of Microsoft is brought up in a discussion... I guess some people are just more opinionated than others... it's like that old quote from Don Henley, "I'm not scary, I'm just opinionated." Of course, I always put that quote in reverse whenever it comes to Nancy Gracy: she's not opinionated, she's just scary.
  18. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

I like his music (Eagles and solo), but his "opinionated" is this man's "whiny". "Dirty Laundry", "Johnny Can't Read", "The Boys Of Summer", "All She Wants To Do Is Dance", I could go on with all his musical complaints.
  19. Sgt Floyd

And don't think she's escaped my wrath. I've yelled at her about that, too. So don't feel like I'm picking on you personally :p
  20. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

So it just takes 42 pages for Godwin's law to kick in?
    Hubert likes this.