Questions about anything

Hubert

Reaction score
Religion is about peace on earth, but why does it cause chaos and disagreement, even war?
Because sometimes, and this is something that at some time or another we all do, people lose focus of their true motivation. It's fine to have a religion that disagrees with what someone is doing or believing, but many people take that and use it in an out of control disagreement or war, completely contradicting their beliefs. It's good that they are fighting for something, they just lose focus of everything else they believe in...

I'm a huge sports fan, and EVERY single trade or signing is on Twitter before ESPN or any other site. I may go to those sites for the breakdown, but Twitter is the best when it comes to the initial breaking story. I consider it valuable to have an account for those purposes.
Right...that's mainly what I use it for...it's really great to get up to the minute story details...especially useful in about 4 days...

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
Why do so many people insist on using foul language in order to get their point across? Or even in normal day-to-day conversation? I'm sure these people could come up with much better things to say.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Like this? (I should probably give a content warning :stick_out_tongue:)

Ziffled

Mo Frackle

Reaction score
:sigh: My Internet Explorer won't let me watch videos straight from the forum.

Hubert

Reaction score
Why do so many people insist on using foul language in order to get their point across? Or even in normal day-to-day conversation? I'm sure these people could come up with much better things to say.
I know, I know...I've been asking that exact same thing for quite a while now...

Hubert

Reaction score
Because they were made up by someone to refer to an inappropriate meaning. So when used, people knew what they meant, and they became bad words because they had that meaning.

For example, say you made up the word "hat" (if it wasn't already created previously), and the meaning of it was something inappropriate. It most likely would be seen as a bad word due to its meaning, so that it is frowned upon in some cases when said.

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
Well, words are only turned bad in context. Many so called "bad" words have normal meanings. Female Dog...Rooster...donkey...they were just mangled and became "bad." Its the same deal using substitute words, even if they sound less offensive. If you say darn in place of another word, its still being used in the same context. It just sounds less offensive, even though there is really no difference.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
The foul language thing is just another example of how far we've crumbled and decayed as a society: like I said in other threads, in this day and age, kids are actually encouraged to swear after kindergarten, because it's considered acceptable. It seems strange now when watching 90s cartoons on YouTube, and reading in the comments how people are shocked they got away with saying "crap", because I had forgotten THAT was considered a bad word in the 90s (along with "fart"), but now, they're pretty tame and harmless... then again, they were never actual swear/curse words, they were just "dirty" words.

To ask a new question, is that Hanson in Buttahfly's new av?