Questions about anything

newsmanfan

Reaction score
What on earth is Sadism?
Originated with the Marquis de Sade, who enjoyed inflicting physical pain on nubile young girls...and having himself whipped, as well. Sadism, technically, has more to do with gaining sexual gratification from physically harming another person.

Never seen the point, myself, but some people like that...
Check out the play "Marat/Sade" for better details without too much gore!
----------------

Misskermie

Reaction score
Originated with the Marquis de Sade, who enjoyed inflicting physical pain on nubile young girls...and having himself whipped, as well. Sadism, technically, has more to do with gaining sexual gratification from physically harming another person.

Never seen the point, myself, but some people like that...
Check out the play "Marat/Sade" for better details without too much gore!
----------------
So it's being Emo, as well as enjoying pain of others?

Vincent L

Reaction score
How come Muppet Central Forums is so addictive?

Hubert

Reaction score
How come Muppet Central Forums is so addictive?
I've been trying to figure that out myself. When I first joined here, I actually didn't know if I'd like this forum, and for the first couple months, I didn't care for it all that much...but somewhere in there, I got addicted to this place...

CaseytheMuppet

Reaction score
I have seen the forums since like 2007-ish, but finally decided to join in 2010. Now I'm addicted!!!! :crazy:

Sgt Floyd

Reaction score
This i the only forum that I have been on for more than a few months. I usually join forums, post for a while, then forget about them.

I think people here are a lot friendlier than most places. Even though we have a lot of members, the actual portion of those who are active is just small enough where it is easy to make friends and know each other, but big enough where its not the same 5 people desperately trying to keep the forum going. When forums have so many members that you can't get to know people, it makes you feel...I dunno. I'm on a pokemon forum which I haven't posted in for a while, but that forum as so many active members I feel like when I post, I'm not really contributing anything.

charlietheowl

Reaction score
I think people here are a lot friendlier than most places.
Totally agree with this. I used to post on a music review forum, and the biggest problem was that people were seemingly determined to troll and antagonize others. Even when there are disagreements here, people are willing to actually explain their viewpoints and engage in conversations rather than just shut things down with a "YOU'RE WRONG". That shows respect for other posters.