Questions about Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK, got a few questions about the Henson Christmas special, Emmet Otter's Jugband Christmas for whoever can answer them for me. Oh, and if this thread should be placed in another forum sector, so be it but let me know where's it's been moved to.

1 What are the names of the five members of the Riverbottom gang? Or at least, what animals are each of the members of this gang?
2 What is the name or animal species of the owner of the Waterville Music Store? The one where the Riverbottom gang's playing some music and where Emmet sees the guitar with mother-of-pearl inlace?
3 What is the name or animal species of the character who plays the piano during the Waterville Talent Contest?
4 What is the name or animal species of the female character who stands up and claps wildly after the act presented by George and Melissa Rabbit? This is the female character who says: "Wonderful! Wonderful!" just before Alice Otter takes to the stage.
Please post your replies here ASAP. Thanks for your help and have a haunted day.

LadyHyde

Reaction score
I know the bear was named Chuck, probably because he has a strong resemblance to Chuck Norris back in the '70s.....

"I'm not hungry, I'm HUUUNNGRY!"

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thank you Lady Hyde for your help. But if you could, please help by answering the other questions posted here in this thread as well. And don't forget about the other members of the Riverbottom Gang besides Chuck the Bear.
Thanks and have a haunted day.

frogtownhollow

Reaction score
Hi Count,
I'm not sure about the species of other characters you mentioned, but I'll watch it again soon and post it to give you my opinion. BUT....
According to IMDB, the members of the Riverbottom gang, other than Frank Oz' Chuck, have no names. They are simply listed as Weasel, Pop-eyed Catfish, Lizard, and Snake. (Jerry Nelson, Dave Goelz, Richard Hunt, and Jim Henson, respectively.)
Hope this helps!

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, thanks to some help from Justin Faulknor whom I've been dealing with in an ultra-friendly deal all this year, Emmet Otter can now be crossed off from my list of 9.0 Updates. Here's the list of characters from the special, if there are any qualms or queries, post them here and we'll deal with them accordingly.

Alice Otter.
Emmet Otter.
Wendel Porcupine.
Harvey Woodchuck.
Charlie Woodchuck.
Heddy Muskrat.
Nat Muskrat.
Shirley Muskrat.
Mayor Harrison Fox.
Gretchen Fox.
Will Possum.
Old Lady Possum.
Doc Bullfrog.
James Badger.
George Rabbit.
Melissa Rabbit.

The Riverbottom Gang
Chuck Bear.
Lizzard.
Pop-Eyed Catfish.
Snake.
Weasel.

The Waterville Fruit Stand Mink
The Waterville Music Store Mink.
(These are two miscellaneous characters who appeared at the beginning of the special when the Otters go to Waterville to deliver their laundry.)

Mr. Badger.
(This character appeared at the beginning of the Waterville Talent Show, shushing the rest of the crowd.)

The Squirrel Family.
(This includes the four young squirrels who performed during the Talent Show, just before Alice Otter's song, and their mother who stands up and cheers excitedly.)

The Piano Player Possum.
(This character showed up during the Talent Show playing the piano during various intervals.)

Sam Turtle.
(Though he's an offscreen character, he's part of the world created for the special.)

Hope this helps and have a haunted night.

Erine81981

Reaction score
U won't believe this but I found a book of EOJC. Its not lincend by Henson its an actshal story that Henson made into a Muppet speical. I never knew about it. It surprised me. I didn't know if he made some of it up could of because some of it doesn't seem to be in the story like the River Buttom Nightmare band characters. So he proubely read the book and changed it up a bit. I'll be sure to send some pics and the cover of the book sometime this week. I figured since ur doing a thing on ur Muppet 8.0 I could tell u there is a book made just not the same as the Henson Speical. Thanks and have nice day.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks for the find Kyle. That makes sense though, cause over on www.imdb.com where I get some of the info for my listings, they had writting credits listed for "the story" of EO. Well, that special's completely finished off, and now it's time to move on to the other four productions remaining before unveiling my Muppet Listings 9.0. That is, unless you guys think I should post what I've got fright now, but I'm holding off from posting that as of now cause I'd like to get the remaining "big gun" productions left.

Well, hope this helps, and have a haunted weekend.