Questions about Sesame Street *now*

diannadinoble

Reaction score
I have just started watching Sesame Street again because my daughter loves it as much as I do :smile:

So many things have changed with the show since I was a kid, and I'm curious about some things:

- When did Slimey start talking?
- When did Snuffy become visible to characters other than Big Bird?
- I love Rosita, when did she arrive on SS, and how did they introduce her?

I'm sure I wil have more questions, but that's all for now.

I am really looking forward to the new season, we have recorded all of the last season.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
1. Slimey has been talking for quite some time, but he's just now began to speak clearly, where as before, he used to talk kinda gibberishly and more baby-like.
2. Snuffy's been visible since, I believe, 1985...it was around the time Elmo became a regular character.
3. Rosita was introduced in the early 90's. I don't know how they introduced her, but I do remember she was originally convinced that she was a fruit bat because: she has wings, and she lives in a cave.

diannadinoble

Reaction score
I remember Slimey would make noises like Beaker, but I was alarmed when I saw that he was asking to read Trash Gordon!

Do you know how they presented Snuffy to everybody? That would have been a good episode!!

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Strangely Big Bird had Elmo try to prevent Snuffy from leaving. Obviously it worked after so many tries and so many years of BB trying to make everyone see that he's for real.

Gonzo14

Reaction score
I never knew that Slimey could talk

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
With Snuffy, as I understand it, they didn't want to send the message that adults wouldn't believe what kids told them.

Rosita was on the Mexican production of Sesame Street and they brought the character to the US version.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
MuppetQuilter said:
Rosita was on the Mexican production of Sesame Street and they brought the character to the US version.
For real? I always thought Abelardo, Pancho, Lola, and the orange AM were the only muppets on the Mexican version.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
I could be misremembering-- maybe just the puppeteer came and they created Rosita specifically for the American SST. I remember reading some place that Rosita came from Plazo-- don't remember where I read it though so I have no idea if it was a reliable source.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
MuppetQuilter said:
I could be misremembering-- maybe just the puppeteer came and they created Rosita specifically for the American SST.
THAT is true. Carmen Osbahr (sp?) worked for Plaza Sesamo before she came to Sesame Street. I still don't think Rosita was a part of the PS cast.

Daffyfan4ever

Reaction score
Yeah. I've seen PS quite a few times and I haven't caught Rosita. I think imdb.com gave some misleading information about that.