Questions about the UK Muppet Family Christmas DVD

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
"A Muppet Family Christmas" is being released on DVD here in the UK on Monday (3rd November). I already have the highly edited US Region 1 release from a couple of years ago but this new Region 2 release will have "The Christmas Toy" as an extra featureso I may consider buying it again... but I want to know if this is the full version of "A Muppet Family Christmas" before I lay my money down...

Both Amazon UK and Blackstar give a running time of 70 minutes for the DVD and Blackstar have the extra feature of "The Christmas Toy" listed at 49 minutes (which with the PAL/NTSC conversion probably means that it's the full version)...

But that means either they've cut down "A Muppet Family Christmas" to 21 minutes (which is ridiculous!) or that the seventy minutes listed is just for the main feature... but there has never been such a long cut has there???

MuppetDanny

Reaction score
Not very likey :cry: The DVD will be the same as the UK VHS print, Longer the US Print YES!. The reason Blackstar & Amazon say it's 70mins is they both totaled the two specials together, and listed the lenght of The Christmas Toy on it's own.

Hope it helps

MuppetFan123

Reaction score
MuppetDanny said:
Not very likey :cry: The DVD will be the same as the UK VHS print, Longer the US Print YES!. The reason Blackstar & Amazon say it's 70mins is they both totaled the two specials together, and listed the lenght of The Christmas Toy on it's own.

Hope it helps
I am interested in getting this DVD, but dont wanna get burnt again as when I bought the French edition.

Does anyone know if this DVD version has the piano scene with Rowlf and Fozzie and the Snowman singing their version of "Sleigh Ride".

Thanks

Michael

King Prawn

Reaction score
Well I bought it and although I still havn't seen the whole thing, I will tonight though I can confirm that everything is there, from the original VHS release in the UK a few years ago not the one aired on TV. It might have something extra but I havn't seen it yet, I just checked for the snowman and Babie scenes.

ps. who ever has this are you dissapointed with the main menu, It is cool and has that christmasy feel especially with the Snowman in it but I find it so stupid using the same picture used for the cover of The Very Best of TMS Volume One.

Any thoughts?

MuppetFan123

Reaction score
King Prawn said:
Well I bought it and although I still havn't seen the whole thing, I will tonight though I can confirm that everything is there, from the original VHS release in the UK a few years ago not the one aired on TV. It might have something extra but I havn't seen it yet, I just checked for the snowman and Babie scenes.

ps. who ever has this are you dissapointed with the main menu, It is cool and has that christmasy feel especially with the Snowman in it but I find it so stupid using the same picture used for the cover of The Very Best of TMS Volume One.

Any thoughts?
Thanks for the fast response. That would be very appreciative if you could confirm everthing that is in there when you watch it.

Michael

Douglas Fir

Reaction score
MuppetFan123 said:
Thanks for the fast response. That would be very appreciative if you could confirm everthing that is in there when you watch it.

Michael
I own (and of course have watched) both the US and UK DVDs and I can confim that the out of tune piano scene and Fozzie & the Snowman singing are all on the UK DVD + the Muppet Baby film, Statler & waldorf's section of the musical medley, etc.

MuppetFan123

Reaction score
Douglas Fir said:
I own (and of course have watched) both the US and UK DVDs and I can confim that the out of tune piano scene and Fozzie & the Snowman singing are all on the UK DVD + the Muppet Baby film, Statler & waldorf's section of the musical medley, etc.
Thanks for answering my question...Very much appreciated !!

King Prawn

Reaction score
Douglas beet me to it, eveything is indeed their, except for two thing's.

Fozzie hanging up his stocking's, which was never really released on any video or DVD either in the UK and the US and for some strange reason during the Sesame Street Pagent the scene with Grover, playing the mouse is completley cut, Why? I have no idea.

good thing's I have both the US and UK version, Ican now say I have a complete MMFC even if it is on two seperate DVD's.

King Prawn

Reaction score
I apologise to everyone, i thought the Grover scene was not there but apparantly it is, I must have missed that part for some reason.

so i'm happy to say the UK release is the same as the video release a few years back

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Thanks for the info guys. I now know that I'am going to buy this release