Questions about Uncle Deadly

Jon

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I have a couple of questions on my Favourite looking Muppet.

The first contains an observation of sorts. I recently rewatched Deadly's first season appearences and came across something rather interesting. Uncle Deadlys voice changes noticeably in all his scenes in the backstage backstory in the Twiggy episode. It's deeper, crisper and certainly more english thesp in delivery than the Vincent price or closing Goodnights with Twiggy.

This could be to add colour and drama to his story of being a great actor untill his career was ended by the critics. But what if Jerry Nelson didn't do the Voice only the puppetering,could it be that Lovelady provided the voice? Listen to his Vets announcer and compare and contrast with Twiggy Deadly, there is a certain shared tone.

It got me thinking because it's the only time Uncle Deadly is voiced this way in all his Muppet Show appearences.
Can anybody shed any light?

Second is more of a request. Does anybody have any screen caps of season three Tapdancing Deadly they would be willing to post-was a full size UD Puppet with a spiked tail ever built?

Any input is greatly appreciated.

Thankyou.

Giar Fraggle

Reaction score
I'm inclined to think it was still Jerry in the Twiggy episode. And I doubt Jerry just did the puppetry--if John was doing the voice, why not the puppetry too? He was more than able.

Yeah, that's all I got.

travellingpat

Reaction score
Im 99.9999999999999999999999% jerry did the voice in all episodes and puppetry