Questions for Fran Brill?

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Ithink it would be interesting to know why she didn't perform in Christmas Eve on Sesame Street or Follow That Bird. Not as important as other questions that have been suggested here, but would still be interesting.

And maybe you can ask her what it was like performing in Elmo in Grouchland.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I don't knwo fi this is the right palce to ask or not, but I have noticed that you've been able to arrange interviews with people invovled with the Mupets, including performers and crew members. Have you ever thought about arranging interviews with members of the Sesame Street human cast or Muppet Babies voice actors? I guess it would be easier to get interviews with human cast members (as most of the performers you have interviewed are still active on Sesame Street).

dwmckim

Reaction score
Fran is one of my all time fave Muppet performers and i had the good fortune of attending one of her presentations when she was here in AZ in conjunction with Jim Henson's Fantastic Worlds. I had a whole bunch of questions i had wanted to ask and most of them did get answered but i also held back since i didn't want to monopolize the panel with my questions - so here's some leftover questions which maybe she cover this time around...

-- Is there a particular performance that stands out in her mind as one that she's the most proud of with the Muppets - then the same question in terms of her acting career outside the Muppets

-- I really hope you're able to ask her/get her to talk about her acting career outside the Muppets - almost every rare interview she does is totally focused on her Muppeteer experience but i'm sure many of us would love to hear her also talk about her non-Muppet work. Would especially like to hear her talk about her experiences as a soap star.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
minor_muppetz: about that last question, I'm working on that too.

dwayne1115

Reaction score
Steve Talk to Greg over at the Muppet Newsflash We did a real good interview with Alan, and he might want to come on the show.

stephenjlizard

Reaction score
I just got off the phone with her. She was wonderful, but she didn't have very long. Zoe and Prarie Dawn made an appearance, and while we didn't have time for an extremely long talk, she was gracious enough to say she'll email me and answer some of the other questions I didn't get to ask her in person. Fun times!

SesameStMuppets

Reaction score
Steve,

I think this is so great that you have this opportunity to speak with Ms. Brill. I'm sorry if this post is too late... Nevertheless:

Throughout all the "big time" performers for the Muppets, special relationships have developed from working together that allow for a strong chemistry in the characters' performances (i.e.- Jim and Frank, Steve and Dave, Jerry and Richard). Is there anyone in particular who she has become close with? Possibly Caroll Spinney, as she and him are the primary Sesame vetrans (plus, now I guess Kevin Clash has risen to that status), and the now added 'bonus' of Big Bird being Zoe's idol.

Good luck with the interview! I hope your time with her is something special. I can't wait to hear the podcast!

SesameStMuppets

Reaction score
Wow! That timing couldn't have been more planned if I was making the podcast myself! Sorry about that Steve, I literally started writing one minute before you posted that you finished the interview... Oh well! Maybe you can forward the question in the e-mail to her. Or maybe I can make sure to get questions in on time! :embarrassed: