Questions for Jedi_X

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi Jedi_X, I'm need of your expert JHH assistance once again. Got a few characters from a source of mine, a Palisades Toys forum member named TheGlassMind, sent me.
Here are the characters I'd like some help with in determining if they should be added or not.
1 The Orange Fish that sang the song "Splish Splash".
In what JHH episode did this character appear?
Is this its correct name? If not, then what is its correct name?
If you could, please provide a full descript of what this character looks like.
2 The Karate Squid.
In what JHH episode and in what segment/sketch/song did it appear?
3 "Ted" the Evolution Muppet.
My source says that this character appeared in the Ted Dansen JHH episode.
In what segment/sketch/song did it appear?
Please post your replies here ASAP, since I'd rully like to finish off the list of characters I got from him and move on to the next Henson production for the listings. Hope to hear from you soon, and have a great weekend.

jediX

Reaction score
Well I replied to your email the other day regarding the fish, but since I won't have access to my tapes until the beginning of next week. But here's a bit more...

I pulled up my mp3 of the Splish Splash song, and I'm pretty sure he was performed by Steve. This fish later appeared in a Sgt Pepper-era Beatles-esque parody band in the infomercial parody during the "Food" episode. I have a complete transcription of this sketch if you'd like to refer to it. I believe Steve performed the fish in that song as well, singing "Like a Sturgeon." They may have done "Hey Food," too, but I'd have to look that up. I don't believe this fish has a name.

I'm assuming the squid was in the Ted Danson/"Aquatic Life" episode. There was a swashbuckling scene in the episode, so I'll have to check there for it.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Uh, sorry to have to say this Jedi_X, but what reply did you send me? Didn't receive one after mailing you through the forum, so I tried your E-mail address, and then posted this thread when I still didn't have a response. Your post above is the first I've heard back from you regarding the three characters I'm requiring help with.
So, do you think it would be fair to list that fish as "The Orange Fish (JHH)"?
The Karate Squid was spotted in a parody of the Karate Kid movies, but I'm not sure what episode.
And please keep an eye out for the Evolution Muppet when watching the Ted Dansen episode again.
Hope to hear back from you soon, thanks for your help and have a good night.

jediX

Reaction score
When I write the guide for Aquatic Life I'll keep an eye out and get you a full description.

You might want to index the fish as "Orange Singing Fish (JHH)" for right now. If he has a technical name (which I HIGHLY doubt), I sure as heck don't know what it is.

The Evolution Muppet was probably in a scene at the end of the MuppetTelevision half that depicted the effects of evolution and conservation. Again, I'll look that one up for you.

I replied to the email address that sent me the email... I don't know what it was. I'll pull up the email if I get a chance and post what I had written here.