Questions for Kevin Clash

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
I don't know if the interview has been done yet or whatnot, but here is my question:

Under all the given circumstances (ie. working with children vs. not, etc.), which was/is the harder character to perform, Baby Sinclaire or Elmo?

-Matt

scarecroe

Reaction score
Roses are red,
violets are blue,
I like peanut butter,
can you roller skate?

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Scott!

Email me, need to ketchup and see how things are!

I have a question for Kevin Clash: What's your favorite Kool-Aid flavor: Red, Purple, or Orange? :wink:

EmmyMik

Reaction score
It's great to see people finally asking the real questions!

:big_grin:

(I'm sure we'd all like to know Kevin Clash's favorite Kool-Aid flavor, I know I would!)

:big_grin:

beaker

Reaction score
>>>Perhaps I ought to elaborate a little. Gentle Giant and I, along with a couple of others, are working on an on-line Muppets fanzine. Anyway, Gentle Giant has Kevin Clash's address, and we thought that an interview with him would be something cool to put into the magazine. So we thought we'd ask all of you here what questions you would ask of him, hence this thread. <<<

That's a neat coinkydink, as I myself am prepping up a very high quality possibly colour print Muppet fanzine. I have an endless array of ideas that would bring back the fun of the Muppet magazine of the 80's, but with the cutting edge look of modern layout programs and insight. I have been publishing zines for awhile(the last one I did, dsx#5 featured a review of muppetfest, anime, film and manga reviews, video games, etc)

I'm encouraged by the new MC site design, as great Muppet site designs in the past have been an oxymoron.

Anyways, let us know some of the ideas you have for your web zine. For my print zine Im mulling over, I want to include everything from tons of original fan artwork to perhaps an interview with some performers and the Muppets themselves.
Maybe a 2002 overview, future of the muppets editorial, etc.
I want to have it out in time for Muppetfest if I do it.

eek, forgot to mention Clash is one of my fave alltime Muppeteers(especially Clifford and Leon) He's so warm in person as you'd imagine, and man does that Elmo sure fit right in with Pepe, Floyd, Gonzo and Kermit! Not sure what I'd ask him...
I remember some questions a lot of us were wondering were asked at MF, like how Elmo's huge success changed his status as a Muppeteer...stuff like that.

Gentle Giant

Reaction score
To answer your question, Cantus. I will be mailing out the letter on Monday or Tuesday

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Okay awesome. Hopefully we'll all get a lovely response from Mr. Clash. :smile:

-Matt

Gentle Giant

Reaction score
I finaly got down to mailing the letter to Kevin this week. Let's hope he answers now. So Keep your fingers crossed

Ryan

Reaction score
I have some questions:

Having the ability to pick new puppeteers must be great. Just how do you go by picking? Should the performer have backround experience?

Can you send in multiple tapes, just to show the different types of performance you can handle?

When you do a workshop, what do you teach the fellow puppeteers?

Are there any guest puppeteers that come in for some tips?

Besides your own characters, who is your favorite Muppet? (Any Henson show)

Are there any new Clash Muppets in the works?

Cantus Rock

Reaction score
Eh, Ry, I think you're a few days too late bud..That sucks too, because those are good questions.

-Matt