Questions on the Monsters (or Frackle in Thog's case))

scooter289

Reaction score
Okay, I've got two major questions that I like to know if anyone knew the answer.

1. What ever happened to Thog after the Muppet Show because I never saw him after the show was over.

2. Who is it that performs Dog Lion Beast and the 3 Mutations?

Please answer these because I'd like to know.

Crazy Harry

Reaction score
Originally posted by scooter289
1. What ever happened to Thog after the Muppet Show because I never saw him after the show was over.
I'm not sure. Sweetums seems to be the only large monster character who didn't start to fade away after the show ended, and even he's not around that often.

Gorgon Heap

Reaction score
One of the puppet builders answered this question on the old board. Thog wore out and was never rebuilt.

To answer your second question, DogLion didn't have one staple performer. He was first performed by Jerry Nelson in the Madeline Kahn episode of TMS, then by Frank Oz in the Dom DeLuise episode, Jim Henson in the Cloris Leachman episode, Dave Goelz on the Cosby Show and Muppets Tonight with Paula Abdul, and I believe that's it for voice performers.

The Mutations I don't know, because they didn't have voices except in the Connie Stevens episode and in that case I believe they were dubbed. Note how their mouths don't move; they're not puppets so much as costumes. I think they're generally performed by dancers rather than puppeteers.

Dave

P

Philip Kippel

I heard that Bill Barretta performed DogLion on "Muppets Tonight".

scooter289

Reaction score
Why on Earth would they not rebuild Thog? Was he to expensive to make again?

Thanks for the help on DogLion, so were they inside of him operating him and doing the voice because I thought that Frank Oz didn't do full body characters after the LaChoy Dragon.

Also, the Mutations appeared in the episode with Julie Andrews with Sweetums, Timmy, DogLion, Big Mamma, Gloat, Uncle Deadly, Lenny the Lizard, and Boppity. It was the last skit.