Quick Question...

lozzie

Reaction score
Hey all

I've been a fan for ages and ages and ages and just so happened to get Series One of the Muppet Show on DVD the other day.

The thing is, I remember another show from years ago. The only thing I can remember from it though is that the show was shot in a basement or giant room or something where all the muppets lived. I don't remember much else from it...

if anyone can tell me what I'm thinking of and whether it's available to buy anywhere that would be unbelieveably helpful cos it's driving me insane!

Thanks heaps! :embarrassed:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Sounds to me like you are talking about Little Muppet Monsters, which ran on CBS for two epsiodes in 1985 (18 episodes were produced, but Jim Henson himself decided that the show wasn't very well-thought out, and CBS agreed to not produce any more episodes). This show starred three monsters who made their own television show in the basement of a Muppet home, where they used props and showed cartoons with the adult versions of the Muppets.

lozzie

Reaction score
no no....it has kermit and miss piggy and stuff in it - all the muppets were there...

It was like where they all lived and played and talked and stuff. Reality style

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well, let's see...

1 The show you mention taking place in a Muppety basement could be Little Muppet Monsters as MinorMuppets pointed out.
Though I haven't watched the show, to my knowledge from conversations here on the boards, it's been said that Little Muppet Monsters lived in the basement of the theater and put on their own show with a few props.
2 Another Muppet show that could feature this basement type area you mention is Fraggle Rock. The main housing area seen was Doc's workshop which does kind of have the feel of an eccentric basement.
3 If you're thinking of a housing complex where all the Muppets resided, then you might be thinking of the film Muppets From Space where the gang shared a home known here as the Muppet Boarding House or MBH for short.
4 Then again... If you're talking about a house with a basement area where a bunch of Muppets were seen, particularly Kermit and Robin, then you might be thinking of Muppets Family Christmas or MFC. In particular, the part where Kermit and Robin went down to the basement to explore a Fraggle-hole in Mrs. Emily Bear's farmhouse's basement.

Hope this helps, and welcome to the craziness here at MC.