Quinn's Visit To Jim Henson HQ

Gonzo

Reaction score
Hey guys--wish you all could have been there. But you weren't !!!

I'll be posting some pics very soon; I just need to get caught up on some stuff.

Just as a reminder--the Big Cheese was ONLY able to do this because he was waiting for a client that hadn't shown up yet...so I was a way to kill time. As much as they love fans, they said they don't generally have the time to be able to give people the Tour Grande.

I just don't want them to be deluged by fans....even though most of us aren't in the NYC area anyway...

They were very cool. Better than I had dreamed.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnnnn

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Quinnnnnn(etc)nnn(so on and so forth)nnnn,

HIYA! I would say that I'm green with envy over all that, but I'm not going to wish it was me instead of you. I'm very happy that you got to do that, and...

Oh, fudge it!

MAN! You are SOOO Lucky!! If I went there, they'd lock the door and yell "Keep that guy outta here," or if I went through, they'd say, "Lock the door and get back our Fozzie!!"

I'm so jealous that you got to see Fozzie, and had it been me I'd be all like, "Hey, so, like, can I, you know, TOUCH IT??!" Then, I'd grab the Muppet and RUN!!

Not really, I'd maintain my composure...excusing the wet britches.

FOZ
(PS, I AM glad you got to do that! POST PICS SOON!!)

muga

Reaction score
Quinn's visit

Hey Quinn,

As someone who used to work in that great building in NYC, I just wanted to add my 2 cents.
As you said, everyone there is very friendly and even though it is a place of business, sometimes you can get lucky and someone will let you see the lobby if nothing else.

Everyone that works there knows how lucky they are and would never leave if they had a choice.

I'm sorry you didn't get a chance to see the workshop in its original bulding.. it truly was an amazing thing to go in there and see feathers flying and magic being made.

Beautiful pics , btw, you made me really miss the place. I hope you also got a pic of the balloon sculpture in the lobby and the photograph wall on the 2nd floor.

Glad you had a chance to see something really amazing in NYC.

muga

BlueAM

Reaction score
In the words of Inspector Gadget: "WOWSERS!" I CAN'T BELIVE YOU WENT TO THE JHC BUILDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm also surprised that you saw all the actual Muppet puppets.

In 1997, I went with my little brother and my mom to the JHC building, and they let us in because we knew some one who worked on MCC and MTI. This, of course, was back when the Workshop was a few blocks away from the building.

Luckily, we saw some of the actual puppets in one office in the building. Here's who we saw:

Bert
Ernie (with Rubber Duckie)
Two Doozers (I touched one of them)
A bunch of rats (including Chester the Rat in his pose from MTM when he pedals on the eggbeater)
One or two of the African Masks from TMS
A Honker
A Pod Slave (from The Dark Crystal)
Three members of the Riverbottom Gang (from Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas)

And, most of all (drumrolls, please):

One of the original green versions of Oscar the Grouch! They told me to touch him because he brought good luck.

Now I have some questions for you, Quinn:

Who was that Muppet standing next to Grover in the picture of you posing with Grover at the Muppet Workshop? You know, the one who appears to be dressed in some kind of African costume.

And also, do you remember who else you saw at the Workshop other than Big Bird, Elmo, Grover, Zoe, the Two-Headed Monster, Prairie Dawn, and various characters from BITBBH? It would be a big help if you told me!

And, by the way, I hope you post pics as soon as you can!

Good luck!

BlueAM
"With great power comes great responsibility."

Gonzo

Reaction score
Hey BlueAM,

The puppet behind me and Grover is Baby Bear, and he's in some sort of Shakespearean-era costume.

Quinnnnnnnnnnnn