R.I.P.: Alaina Reed Hall

ssetta

Reaction score
For those of you who don't know, Alaina Reed Hall was the actress who played Olivia from 1977 to 1988. According to Roscoe Orman's Facebook status, it would appear that she has died. I cannot find any articles online about her (at least not just yet), but I trust Roscoe's Facebook status, since she was his "kid sister." And so, my thoughts and prayers are with Alaina and her family, and I always loved her as Olivia on Sesame Street.

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Just saw this on Twitter from the Muppet Newsflash, but I too cannot find any other articles. At any rate I am so sad to hear this news, I loved Olivia - she had an amazing singing voice, just gives me chills when I think of her singing One Little Star in FTB.

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I can't find any articles yet either, though I did notice Wikipedia has already updated its article on Alaina Reed Hall, based on the Twitter post from Muppet News Flash.
I imagine something will be in the papers by tomorrow at least.
Shavar Ross (actor probably best known for roles as Dudley on Diff'rent Strokes and Weasel on Family Matters- and to MacGyver fans as MacGyver's "little brother" in the Pilot episode) posted something about Alaina's death here.
That's sad to hear about. I always enjoyed seeing Alaina on 227 as a kid and of course I'll always remember her as Olivia on Sesame Street. May God bless her family at this sad time.:sympathy::frown::cry:

MelissaY1

Reaction score
I was very saddened and shocked to read this on Roscoe's facebook. I grew up during the Olivia years, so she was a big part of the show to me growing up and I missed her when she left. I agree with everyone her voice was amazing and I was just listening to True Blue Miracle last week while writing out my Christmas cards. I haven't come across any cause yet either but I did find some articles that she had complications with breast cancer in the past, I wonder if it was related to that? I don't want to speculate though until we hear for sure. How sad.

TheCreatureWork

Reaction score
She had been battling cancer for sometime, but I still haven't found out if that is how she passed. Sad news.

Oscarfan

Reaction score
Oh, my. I was so shocked when I saw the thread title.

animalrescuer

Reaction score
That's sad. I didn't even know she had cancer. What a sad day for everyone who's worked with her and loved her, especially on Sesame Street. I'll miss her voice and her role as Olivia on Sesame Street.

RIP Alaina, we'll miss you.

Davina

Reaction score
Alaina Reed Hall

Since I haven't seen this posted in here anywhere yet thought I'd post what I've seen so far..
Apparently Aliana Reed Hall has passed away today. She is best known to those of us from the 70's and early 80's SS watchers as Gordon's sister Olivia. Haven't seen a cause of death but apparently she has had ongoing battles with breast cancer. She was 63

http://www.whatwouldthembido.com/2009/12/in-memorium-alaina-reed-hall.html

I know she hasn't been on the show in ages and ages, but she's always been a part of the street to me and i'm sad that she's passed so soon.

mbmfrog

Reaction score
She was on the street when I was born, and I loved her in Follow that bird and 227.

She will be miss dearly and she will not be forgotten by me.

This piece of news was unexpected to me and made me feel sad all over.:frown: