R.I.P Ann B. Davis (Alice on "Brady Bunch")

fuzzygobo

Reaction score
I know some people only care to watch the "Brady Bunch" ironically. But I was around during the show's original network run (Friday nights, 8pm, ABC, followed by "The Partridge Family", both got cancelled the same day). After 40 years of reruns, some of it does look a little cheesy, the plots were thin, some of the fashions were atrocious. But when you're only five years old, it did seem quite "groovy".

And nobody made better brownies than Alice Nelson. Thanks, Annie. You were a peach.

Katzi428

Reaction score
I was a big fan of The Brady Bunch too! Alice made great "pork chopsh and appleshosh " (to quote Peter's Humphrey Bogart impression ) as well. I never missed a show. My brother called the other day & asked/joked with me if I was mourning her death (we used to fight over the TV. I wanted to watch TBB & he wanted The Odd Couple or Batman) Thanks for the laughs Ann /Alice ..you'll be missed!

CensoredAlso

Reaction score
I do recall going through brief Brady obsession in the 90s what with the movies, documentaries, etc. That's when my love for retro really started to blossom I think, lol.

And for sure, Ann B. Davis was a brilant comedic actress; she will definitely be missed by me. I always remember how she said in an interview that the Bradys had a sense of hope, which is so crucial.