1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

R.I.P Joan Rivers (1933-2014)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FrackleFan2012, Sep 4, 2014.

1. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

2. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

What a shame.

:cry:

3. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Rest in peace Mrs. Rivers, I'll remember you best as the voice of Francine's very very funny Bubby.

ElizaSchuyler and MikaelaMuppet like this.
  4. Muppetjente

Muppetjente Well-Known Member

So sad :cry: Rest in peace

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  5. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Here’s a scene from The Muppets Take Manhattan with Miss Piggy and Joan Rivers as we remember her.

6. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

Wow what a sad year this is turning out to be. She may have been a bit controversial at times but we can't deny Joan Rivers comedic timing. RIP to a great comic.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  7. fuzzygobo

fuzzygobo Well-Known Member

She was just on Letterman a few months ago, and at her age was still outrageously funny. Thank you for all the years of laughter. You busted my gut more times than I can count.

8. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

R.I.P. to one of the most crass, classless, arrogant, and hypocritical entertainers Hollywood ever produced.

9. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

RIP, her scene in MTM cracks me up every time, and I hope now that when MTM airs on TV they will not cut that scene out. Besides MTM, she was awesome in Arthur, Shrek 2, and The Simpsons, sad news though not that sudden.

Dominicboo1 likes this.
  10. charlietheowl

charlietheowl Well-Known Member

This phrase gets tossed around a lot, but I really think we will never see the likes of her again. She was abrasive and inappropriate, often to the extreme, but she always turned that back around to herself and wasn't afraid to bring up her own troubled life in her act. She certainly was a major influence on a lot of comedians working today.

11. Pinkflower7783

Pinkflower7783 Well-Known Member

RIP Joan! I personally liked she said whatever she felt and didn't give a rats behind what anyone thought. She didn't back down no matter how much she was criticized for it. I don't agree with a lot of her views but she didnt sugar coat things.

12. lady piggy

lady piggy Well-Known Member

Oh im gonna to miss that funny Lady , she wasn't afraid to voice what was on her mind. Something that I always admired about her , rest in peace Joan.~♡

ElizaSchuyler likes this.
  13. Muppet Master

Muppet Master Well-Known Member

FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  14. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

People never gave her enough credit as a comedian. She was an excellent joke writer, and had impeccable delivery. It's a shame a lot of people couldn't look past her harsh exterior to see her brilliance.

jvcarroll likes this.
  15. jvcarroll

jvcarroll Well-Known Member

Joan was a lifelong New Yorker. She really wasn't all that Hollywood and that was kind of the point of her shtick. She thumbed her nose at movie stars and was never afraid to turn that same criticism loose on herself. In fact, she was her own worst critic! Here's one of my favorite jokes:

[​IMG]
    Joan was outrageous, authentic and (from almost every report of those who met her) a very classy lady. Not every joke landed. Such is the life of a comedian. Not every choice she made was ideal. Such is the life if a trailblazer. Her life was full of tragedy and triumph and she never stopped working until the day she left us. I wish we'd have had more time with her, but I'm glad she got to go out on top.