1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

R.I.P Ken Sansom

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by MrBabySpencer, Oct 12, 2012.

1. MrBabySpencer

MrBabySpencer Active Member

2. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

I went Rabbit? Rabbit? *went to Wikipedia* Oh! From Winnie the Pooh. R.I.P Ken Sansom.
  3. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Oh no! Not another one! This is really one of the terrible years to lose your favorites. Oh, why meeeeeeee? I knew Ken Samson was the original voice of Rabbit from the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. He will be sadly missed.
  4. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

Ken Samson voiced Rabbit on The New Adventures of Winnie the Pooh TV series and all the theatrical films up to the most recent Winnie the Pooh where Tom Kenny took over. As far as Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Rabbit was voiced by Junius C Matthews (best known for voicing Archimedes in Sword in the Stone)

Yeah, I'm not a Disney geek at all, am I?:o
    Dominicboo1 likes this.
  5. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

Thank you for giving me the right information. I am not a Disney geek either, but I love watching classic Disney movies.
  6. vettech28

vettech28 Active Member

That's sad. I'm not a Disney geek either, but I like plenty of classic Disney movies. I grew up watching the Winnie the Pooh series on television. RIP Ken, we will miss you.
  7. D'Snowth

D'Snowth Well-Known Member

I'm not entirely familiar with his work, but his name does ring a bell... I should probably check IMDb and see if I may recognize his name from other works in the past...

EDIT: Okay, IMDb says that he did additional/background voice work on both The Chipmunks TV series, as well as the movie (Chipmunk Adventure), but I see as a live actor, he's also appeared on Brady Bunch, the Mayberry spin-off, and Odd Couple, so I may have seen him at least once before too.

Yeah, I didn't really watch a lot of Pooh (when I was a kid, Pooh was considered more for girls, so yeah).
  8. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Rest in Peace, Ken. :cry:
    We'll miss you so much. [​IMG]
    Amen.
  9. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

10. catherine

catherine Active Member

aww not another great person, I loved winnie the pooh. Rabbit was so moody but had a gentle heart and I always knew he had a good side to him. RIP.
  11. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

RIP Ken Sansom.
  12. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Amen. :cry:
  13. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

Ken was also the voice of Hound in the original Transformers. May you rest in peace, Ken. Thank you for bringing life to Hound and Rabbit.