1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

R.I.P Lucille Bliss (Voice of Crusader Rabbit, Smurfette, & others)

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by FrackleFan2012, Nov 11, 2012.

1. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

On November 8th, Lucille Bliss passed away. Her known works include the voices of Crusader Rabbit (from "Crusader Rabbit"), Smurfette (from "The Smurfs"), Anastasia (from "Disney's Cinderella"), and Miss Bitters (from "Invader Zim").

Here's the source of that news. That's the first time I heard that story.
    http://www.cartoonbrew.com/cartoon-culture/lucille-bliss-1916-2012-73144.html

Her unique vocal stylings will be missed forever.
    :cry: [​IMG] R.I.P Lucille Bliss (March 31, 1916-November 8, 2012)
  2. Hayley B

Hayley B Active Member

R.I.P Lucille Bliss . You will always be the best voice for Smurfette.
  3. FrackleFan2012

Amen.
  4. FrackleFan2012

Sorry if I forgot to upload part two of Romeo and Smurfette.
  5. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Rest in peace, Lucille, you will be missed.
  6. FrackleFan2012

Amen.
  7. Collgoff

Collgoff Well-Known Member

Oh dear I really am sorry for her!
  8. FrackleFan2012

Yeah. I am, too.
  9. rowlfy662

rowlfy662 Active Member

aw this is such sad news i was actually looking at her wiki page just a while ago this is very sadding RIP Lucille
  10. MissMusical12

MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

-bangs head against wall- WE'RE......LOOSING......EVERYONE....THIS.....YEAR! GAAAAAH!!! :grouchy:
    In one year, we lost (just to name a few off the top of my head) Whitney Houston, Robin Gibb, Ernest Borgnine, Celeste Holm, Joan Roberts, Phyllis Diller, Jerry Nelson (that hit the hardest for a lot us on here, including myself), Neil Armstrong, Andy Williams........and now Lucille Bliss. :cry:

R.I.P Lucille (Miss Bitters and Anastasia) :cry:
    FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  11. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

Goodbye Lucille. I didn't know your name, but I loved as a wicked stepsister.
    You were nasty in that role, and cold and unlikable. That's just the way you should have been, and were sweet as can be for what little I've seen of Smurfette. R.I.P. you very versatile actress.
    FrackleFan2012 likes this.
  12. FrackleFan2012

That's so sad. I hope we don't loose more people like Dick Van Dyke, June Foray, Julie Andrews, Roger Moore, Carroll Spinney, or Buzz Aldrin.
    Dominicboo1 and MissMusical12 like this.
  13. FrackleFan2012

This is very sad to me when I looked up on the Cartoon Brew website.
  14. FrackleFan2012

Lucille was a very great voice actress. She will be remembered for many generations to come. :cry:
  15. Dominicboo1

Dominicboo1 Well-Known Member

I hope not! What would Sesame Street be without Big Bird and Oscar?
    If you answered a repulsive show where Snuffy doesn't exisit, and Gordon has little purpose without someone to take care of.....you're absolutely right!
  16. MissMusical12

MissMusical12 Well-Known Member

Well...if anything does happen to Carroll (let's hope not), I believe Matt Vogel will take over as Big Bird. And of Oscar, I'm not sure...:smirk:
  17. FrackleFan2012

Matt Vogel has done Big Bird before in the Journey to Ernie segments. Matt will be perfectly fine as Big Bird.
  18. Yuna Leonhart

Yuna Leonhart Well-Known Member

It's sad Lucille Bliss is gone too but at least she lived a long life.

RIP :(
    MissMusical12 likes this.
  19. FrackleFan2012

Yup. She sure did.
  20. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

Ah, I just saw this! Very sad. I wish it was more widely reported in the news.
    Really loved her work. She was hilarious in Invader ZIM, great way to end a career. And hey, the woman was what, 95? Most of us can only hope to get that far up there.