R.I.P. Mary Tyler Moore

Schfifty

Reaction score
Our first celebrity death in 2017...Mary Tyler Moore, known for starring in her namesake sitcom, The Mary Tyler Moore Show. Rest in peace to a TV legend. :frown:

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I saw this morning where she had been rushed to the hospital and listed as in critical condition . . . I suppose that should have been a sign that she wasn't going to make it (much like with Carrie Fisher). Unfortunately, as we've seen in recent years, Mary didn't seem to be in the best shape or health, and in fact, I recall an appearance not too many years ago where she was having trouble standing, and was leaning on Dick Van Dyke a lot throughout the appearance. I suppose she was living on borrowed time (as well all are, really), so I guess, as sad as this is, it really shouldn't come as much of a surprise either. :frown:

MuppetsRule

Reaction score
Mary Tyler Moore suffered from diabetes and advocated for it. Behind only Lucille Ball, she was probably the greatest comedic actress ever. Maybe followed by Carol Burnett. She served as a great role model for young girls with her work in The Mary Tyler Moore Show. When the MTM Show aired there were very few single women portrayed on television. Very few women in news broadcasting either. She truly turned the world on with her smile.

RIP Mary Tyler Moore

D'Snowth

Reaction score
How can somebody possibly compare Amy Schumer to Mary Tyler Moore? Mary helped define and set the standard for independent working women depicted in fiction during the height of feminism . . . Amy sets women centuries back by building her schtick on being promiscuous - not exactly a flattering image for women.