R.I.P. Satoru Iwata

mr3urious

Reaction score
A little old, but I felt it would be appropriate to create a separate thread to honor Nintendo president and CEO of Nintendo of America, who died last weekend at the age of 55 from a bile duct tumor, which explains his absence from E3 this year and also last year.

http://time.com/3954934/nintendo-satoru-iwata/

Iwata contributed so much to Nintendo, such as helping develop Kirby, Earthbound, and Smash Bros. He was even responsible for turning the company around with the DS and Wii after the Gamecube managed to perform not so well compared to the competition. I also liked how Iwata would often take personal responsibility for Nintendo's failures, even cutting his salary in half during its financial slump with the Wii U.

Luck will be left to heaven once again. :cry:

Schfifty

Reaction score
Wow...that's going to hit Nintendo pretty hard. He'll definitely be missed by gamers everywhere.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Very sad indeed. The gaming world has lost a legend.

backpackmina

Reaction score
What I'm going to miss the most are his Nintendo Direct videos and intros

"Coming DIRECT [in that awesome way he'd pronounce it] to you!"

backpackmina

Reaction score
I wonder though, with Nintendo saying that they're going to use the puppets for more things, if they're going to continue using the Iwata one. I hope they will, in memory?

Flaky Pudding

Reaction score
I have been a Nintendo fan since I was in 3rd Grade and got a Wii with Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It is certainly a shame that Mr. Iwata is no longer with us, but he is truly in a better place, :cry:.