1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Christmas Music
    Our 17th annual Christmas Music Marathon is underway on Muppet Central Radio. Listen to the best Muppet Christmas music of all-time through December 25.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

R.I.P. Satoru Iwata

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mr3urious, Jul 13, 2015.

1. mr3urious

mr3urious Well-Known Member

A little old, but I felt it would be appropriate to create a separate thread to honor Nintendo president and CEO of Nintendo of America, who died last weekend at the age of 55 from a bile duct tumor, which explains his absence from E3 this year and also last year.

http://time.com/3954934/nintendo-satoru-iwata/

Iwata contributed so much to Nintendo, such as helping develop Kirby, Earthbound, and Smash Bros. He was even responsible for turning the company around with the DS and Wii after the Gamecube managed to perform not so well compared to the competition. I also liked how Iwata would often take personal responsibility for Nintendo's failures, even cutting his salary in half during its financial slump with the Wii U.

Luck will be left to heaven once again. :cry:

backpackmina likes this.
  2. Schfifty

Schfifty Well-Known Member

Wow...that's going to hit Nintendo pretty hard. He'll definitely be missed by gamers everywhere.

3. JJandJanice

JJandJanice Well-Known Member

Very sad indeed. The gaming world has lost a legend.

4. backpackmina

backpackmina Active Member

What I'm going to miss the most are his Nintendo Direct videos and intros

"Coming DIRECT [in that awesome way he'd pronounce it] to you!"

MikaelaMuppet likes this.
  5. MikaelaMuppet

MikaelaMuppet Well-Known Member

Nintendo will never be the same without him.

6. backpackmina

backpackmina Active Member

I wonder though, with Nintendo saying that they're going to use the puppets for more things, if they're going to continue using the Iwata one. I hope they will, in memory?

7. Flaky Pudding

Flaky Pudding Well-Known Member

I have been a Nintendo fan since I was in 3rd Grade and got a Wii with Super Smash Bros. Brawl. It is certainly a shame that Mr. Iwata is no longer with us, but he is truly in a better place, :cry:.

MikaelaMuppet likes this.