1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

"Ragtime Queen" appreciation thread

Discussion in 'Fraggle Rock' started by Princeton, Dec 15, 2009.

1. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s6NNXLfYRQA

I have no idea why I love this song so much; it's just always been my all-time favorite FR song! I love Mokey's mezzo-soprano voice, not to mention the beautiful orchestrations. FR probably had the most expansive music styles for a children's show; I doubt that Big Comfy Couch used synthesizers! So, who else loves this song as much as I do?
  2. Princeton

Princeton Active Member

Bump; doesn't anybody else love this wonderful song?
  3. RedPiggy

RedPiggy Well-Known Member

Hey, I like it!

It always struck me as a weird song title, as I associate "ragtime" with something a wee bit faster in tempo. *shrugs*

I could see us fans singing it to the Muppets themselves. Rags is a Fragglish puppet, after all. It symbolizes how real just a bunch of fur, feathers, and foam is to us.
  4. Gelfling Girl

Gelfling Girl Active Member

"Ragtime Queen" is probably one of my favorite songs of the whole series. :)
  5. Baby Gonzo

Baby Gonzo Member

I do like that song, quite a lot. It's my favorite Mokey song, for sure.

I think most of my favorites from Fraggle Rock were the peppy, up-tempo songs, but I really like the way Ragtime Queen flows. It's one I have found myself humming more than once.
  6. Pork

Pork Active Member

Actually, when I first heard that song I didn't like it much at all. I'm not sure why, I just didn't. But it's grown on me since and I quite like it now.
  7. I like the song as well, it's very pretty and whimsical.