Ralph Costume

TomJackoboice

Reaction score
Does anyone have suggestions for how to quickly obtain or make a Ralph the Dog costume for an adult? I only have three days... Thank you for any assistance you might be able to offer.
-Tom

frogboy4

Inactive Member
Reaction score
Rowlf Costume

I don't think they have made any costumes for Rowlf the Dog. I have seen patterns for Fozzie, Gonzo, Kermit, Piggy and Animal up on Ebay, but never a Rowlf. Hope you think of something.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
The fastest I can think of would be baggy brown sweats (maybe inside out so the fleece side is on the outside to give a vaguely furry look) and a brown hat (a baseball hat would work well) with ears, eyes and a nose glued on.

The ears can be cut out of craft fur (available at most fabric and craft stores-- just cut two ovals and glue them onto the sides of the hat). The eyes can be made from white and black felt (cut two ovals out of the white for eyes and two circles out of the black for pupils, glue the pupils in place on the eyes and glue the eyes onto the hat). For the nose I would get an oval shaped piece of styrafoam (spelling?) and cut it in half so one side is flat. Cover it in black felt and glue it to the hat. If you can't find foam the right shape, just cut an oval out of felt and go with a flat nose.

It's not a great costume, but it could get the idea across.

Hope that helps.

radionate

Reaction score
Originally posted by MuppetQuilter
It's not a great costume, but it could get the idea across.

Hope that helps.
I think thats a great suggestion Annika. Wearing a brown sweatshirt and sweat pants inside out would simulate the look of "fur". If they don't want to make eyes on a hat, they can always paint their face brown, with a black nose, and use "ears" from fabric dangling from a very inconspicuous bandanna or other device around the head.

MuppetQuilter

Reaction score
Face painting is a great way to go, Nate. Less chance of melting skin off with a hot glue gun that way.

Phillip

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Face painting is a great way to go, Nate. Less chance of melting skin off with a hot glue gun that way.
Speaking from experience there Annika? :eek:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Nice to meet you, Wimp. :smile:
Um--"I'll gladly pay you Tuesday for a hamburger to-day!"

How was that impersonation?? HUH? I--wait, that would be Wimpy. Well, in my case, same difference.

(Plugs in low-temp glue gun...had the experience of the high-temp once and WOW! Does that stuff BURN!!!!) :eek: