1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 45
    Sesame Street's 45th season officially begins Monday September 15. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

Rare appearances

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by Frogster, Feb 20, 2006.

1. Frogster

Frogster Active Member

Hey, I remember Bunsen and Beaker on the show from time to time, and Statler and Waldorf were on once... what other Muppets appeared from time to time?
  2. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

Bean Bunny appeared from time to time during the last two seasons, and Robin made at least two appearances. Janice also appeared in one episode from the last season.
  3. MuppetDanny

MuppetDanny Well-Known Member

One episode called "Eight Flags over the Nursery" had Link and Dr. Strangpork (not as babies) once ;)
  4. erniebert1234ss

erniebert1234ss Active Member

yeah, it was a "Pigs in Space" segment...

BJ
  5. Xerus

Xerus Active Member

That Pigs in Space cartoon was originally part of the very short lived, Little Muppet Monsters series. I guess they decided to reuse that cartoon for a Muppet Babies episode.
  6. Pino

Pino Member

I remember robin being a tadpool in a fishbowl...
  7. Convincing John

Convincing John Well-Known Member

Dr. Teeth appeared, too!

There was also an episode where Dr. Teeth made an appearance. In "Muppets Not Included", Kermit is trying to figure out what's in a box that Nanny told him to bring down from the attic. At one point, they do a game show about it, where different celebrities react to Kermit's guesses. Dr. Teeth appears (no, not animated, he's puppeteered by Jim) and he says "Keep tryin'!" or something like that. It's been a while since I've seen that episode, though.

Also, Oscar the Grouch appeared in this same way in a song. (can't remember the episode). Piggy is singing about interviewing different celebrities, and she turns the page of a magazine to reveal Oscar, who groans at the camera.

I'm sure a lot of people know about the picture of Jim and Frank that appeared once on MB, right?

Convincing John
  8. erniebert1234ss

Ohhh, that's right! Haven't seen that episode in a while...

ConvincingJohn, you are right. In the episode The Daily Muppet, there is a song called "The Daily Muppet". In the song, Piggy sings, "I could do celebrity interviews" or something like that. That's when Oscar The Grouch shows up.

There was also a Sunday funnies episode where the babies are in various comic strip worlds like Blondie and (lord have mercy) Spiderman.

BJ
  9. maxdrive

maxdrive New Member

yeah marvel did have their hand in muppet babies
  10. erniebert1234ss

dung. I forgot how Marvel had a hand in MB...

BJ
  11. BlueFrackle

BlueFrackle Active Member

If anyone wants to trade I can put Eight Flags Over The Nursery and Muppets Not Included onto a DVD. I can also put an episode with Bean Bunny and Janice on the DVD too... email me if you're interested.
  12. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

*Whoosh*

Beg pardon? :D
  13. BlueFrackle

Was that aimed at me? Ifso, just re-read what I have written.
  14. MuppetDude

MuppetDude Active Member

You got it.
  15. MuppetDanny

I could do with a better copy of Muppets Not Included - could we trade BlueFrackle?
  16. BlueFrackle

Hey Danny,
    Definetely! Atlast! LOL!

I can't believe we are so close to eachother and never completed a trade... Infact I have a video here with your name on it... I think its SS Or something?
  17. MuppetDanny

Great! I'll e-mail you :)
  18. erniebert1234ss

wow, the topic actually devolved into tape trading...

Back on-topic:

I cannot remember for the life of me the episode Happy Birthday Uncle Piggy, it was one of the last episodes made. I seem to remember a guest star, but I cannot be certain.

BJ
  19. BlueFrackle

Statler and Waldorf visit the Babies and someone gets a Train Set. Bean Bunny is also in this, It is like a big Cowboy Western episode.
  20. erniebert1234ss

is that the ep I mentioned, BlueFrackle?

BJ