1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppets Most Wanted" Fan Reactions
    After you see "Muppets Most Wanted", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppets eighth theatrical film.

3. "Muppets Most Wanted" Original Soundtrack
    With a new Muppet movie one of the most anticipated merchandise releases is the official soundtrack. Listen to the Muppets Most Wanted original soundtrack now playing on Muppet Central Radio.

Rare Behind the Scenes Film

Discussion in 'Classic Muppets' started by Mo Frackle, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

2. Bliffenstimmers

Bliffenstimmers Active Member

I've seen this a month or two ago. Seems some of this was used in "Being Elmo". Interesting to see The Muppet Show on film... A wonderful upload!
  3. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

Outstanding footage!

I loved the part of Ernie and Simon Soundman were talking about what a tree sounds like! LOL! :)

I didn't know that they did practice tests while performing the characters, but it's an interesting watch!
    muppetfan24/7 and Duke Remington like this.
  4. Vincent Liu

Vincent Liu Well-Known Member

I wonder how/where Historic Films get this stuff?
  5. Hubert

Hubert Well-Known Member

Wow, that's pretty awesome stuff right there. Neat to see some of the developmental process of Emmett Otter, and the Simon Soundman sketch practicing...
  6. muppetfan24/7

muppetfan24/7 Well-Known Member

I didn't know they were rehearsing in front of a mirror backstage. Jim, Jerry, and Frank were very talented.

R.I.P Jim & Jerry (sighs) That scene made me laugh. Hehehehehe!
    Mo Frackle likes this.
  7. Mo Frackle

Mo Frackle Well-Known Member

Oh sure. Puppeteers always do that.
  8. cjd874

cjd874 Well-Known Member

I'm not familiar with all the Emmet Otter characters that Jim, Richard, and Jerry were performing...can someone please name them for me? I think they are part of the Riverbottom Nightmare Band...
    Great to see that scene with Kermit and Fozzie from the classic Rita Moreno episode of MS, and that skit with Simon Soundman and Ernie. Does anyone know if that particular skit made it to the air?
  9. MrBloogarFoobly

MrBloogarFoobly Well-Known Member

Very interesting. Thank-you.
  10. FrackleFan2012

FrackleFan2012 Well-Known Member

These Emmet Otter characters were apart of the Riverbottom Nightmare Band, except for Yancy Woodchuck. Jim Henson did Howard Snake, Jerry Nelson did Stanley Weasel and Yancy Woodchuck, and Richard Hunt did Fred Lizard.

I'm not sure if that Simon Soundman skit went on air. I looked at Simon Soundman's page on Muppet Wiki and there was one early sketch with Simon Soundman (with brown hair and mustache) and Ernie.
  11. heralde

heralde Well-Known Member

Want to point out Richard Hunt's incredible Kermit impersonation at the end, hehe. ;) :)
    cjd874, Mo Frackle and FrackleFan2012 like this.