1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Rare interview with Jeff Moss from 1994

Discussion in 'Henson People' started by Pig's Laundry, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

In this 1994 interview from NPR's "Fresh Air", Jeff Moss talks about his time writing for Sesame Street, composing some of the show's most famous songs and helping to create characters like Cookie Monster and Oscar the Grouch. He even performs some of his songs including, "Rubber Duckie" and "Breakfast Time":

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=120165667

[​IMG]

MikaelaMuppet and muppet maniac like this.
  2. MuppetSpot

MuppetSpot Well-Known Member

Oh Nice Find.

Pig's Laundry likes this.
  3. Pig's Laundry

Pig's Laundry Well-Known Member

I've been listening and re listening to Jeff's rendition of "Saying Goodbye" for about ten minutes now. I love it.

4. muppet maniac

muppet maniac Well-Known Member

I feel this guy doesn't get enough recognition for making Sesame Street a success in its early years, even by this fanbase; besides his music and creating two of the show's most important characters, Jeff was also the head writer from 1970 (season 2) to 1973 (season 5).

5. minor muppetz

minor muppetz Well-Known Member

I feel like he and Joe Raposo were the two most prominent songwriters for the shows early years.

6. Blue Frackle

Blue Frackle Active Member