RARE Miss Piggy Collection from the estate of Barbara Davis (Costume Design Team for Miss Piggy)

jperk4444

Reaction score
Hello all,

Stumbled upon you guys searching for any clues to what this collection might be worth. Hopefully someone can help me, and I think a few of you will be interested in purchasing some of these items.

I work for a guy who buys old estates, owns an antique store and a flea market, and we also have a large Ebay store. That being said, my job is to find out the value of certain items and price them accordingly. However, I'm not sure how to price this collection due to its scarcity.

My boss bought many things at an estate sale a while back held by the family of Barbara Davis. Many of you may already know that she was part of the costume design team at the Muppets, most closely working on Miss Piggy's wardrobe. He bought many posters, books, new and old calendars, a couple watches, a couple ornaments, and a bunch of costume jewelry that was said to be worn by Miss Piggy over the years. The costume jewelry is really what I'm having problems placing a value on. One of the calendars was also Barbara Davis's personal where she has written all throughout it. One date is actually marked "Henson's Party" for her to attend and talks about photo shoots as well on other dates.

I will take pictures tomorrow and upload them for you to see.

Has anyone heard of any similar items for sale or have a clue what these may be worth?

Thanks for your help,
Jared

jperk4444

Reaction score
Thanks for the info. That is actually my boss's listing. We have MUCH more than is listed there though. There are probably 40-50 peices of costume jewelry (pendants, earrings, and pins) total. A couple peices have remnants of glue from where it was glued to Miss Piggy. A stack of her business cards from Henson Associates and an extremely hard to find Kermit the Frog silk scarf made by Nicole Miller are th other items of value in the collection.

Pictire to come very soon...I swear haha.

Thanks again for the help,
Jared

muppetperson

Reaction score
So funny. It is a small world! Look forward to seeing the pics.
And welcome to the forum.

muppetperson

Reaction score
I think maybe you have to have so many posts before you can directly post pics to the forum.

ddeau

Reaction score
Hello all,

Stumbled upon you guys searching for any clues to what this collection might be worth. Hopefully someone can help me, and I think a few of you will be interested in purchasing some of these items.

I work for a guy who buys old estates, owns an antique store and a flea market, and we also have a large Ebay store. That being said, my job is to find out the value of certain items and price them accordingly. However, I'm not sure how to price this collection due to its scarcity.

My boss bought many things at an estate sale a while back held by the family of Barbara Davis. Many of you may already know that she was part of the costume design team at the Muppets, most closely working on Miss Piggy's wardrobe. He bought many posters, books, new and old calendars, a couple watches, a couple ornaments, and a bunch of costume jewelry that was said to be worn by Miss Piggy over the years. The costume jewelry is really what I'm having problems placing a value on. One of the calendars was also Barbara Davis's personal where she has written all throughout it. One date is actually marked "Henson's Party" for her to attend and talks about photo shoots as well on other dates.

I will take pictures tomorrow and upload them for you to see.

Has anyone heard of any similar items for sale or have a clue what these may be worth?

Thanks for your help,
Jared
Piggy's ears are on top of her head, she looks idiotic with earrings up there;which is why we so rarely accessorized her in that manner. To my knowledge Piggy has only worn earrings twice:Muppet Show episode with Carol Channing and the cover of The Tatler (UK magazine). That tell tale glue residue? You'd never glue earring to Piggy ears- it would rip off the delicate flock and the ear would be ruined. I think you have a collection of Barbara Davis' earrings and jewelry. I worked with Barbara for many years, she loved big earrings and bold jewelry--the bigger the better. Sorry, I doubt that any of this jewelry was worn by Piggy.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi, just to answer the question about posting images. The forum has never allowed for direct uploading/posting of photos. You have to upload them to a photo-sharing site like Photobucket, grab the URL for the Photobucket folder/album, then post that as a link in your post.

Hope this helps.

jperk4444

Reaction score
No need for apologies...I posted on here to find out more info on what I had and thats what I was looking for. Thanks for the help.