RE: Henson People

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hiya, Folks!!

I know it's weird to have a thread titled the same as the folder it's in, but I was just thinking that we never really had a thread dedicated to Henson People in general.

Thinking back, we've had fanatics for certain performers, appreciative fans of others, some performers we've picked on and teased about.

Heck, even during the EM.TV sale I was threatening to smack Brian Henson in the head with a rubber chicken, knowing full-well that I never intended to do so, and wouldn't if I could, which I had a chance to once, but wouldn't dare do it because I respect the guy!!

Here's when I had the chance.

The Hensons are truly remarkable people, because we saw Brian and John at MuppetFest go out and turn a sign by themselves. So what, you ask? Simply this: It was a simple task where performers/people in their positions would have asked an underling (someone like me) to fix the sign).

Besides the wonderous Henson Family--oh, and Jane Henson is a sweetheart! I wanted to be family with her as she joked with herself on the big screen at MuppetFest--we have the performers.

Of course, we've lost Jim and Richard who were responsible on so many levels for the popularity of The Muppets, but we have the wonders of talents like Jerry Nelson, Frank Oz, Steve Whitmire, Bill Baretta, Kevin Clash, and OH! soooo many others, even the builders.

Dare I forget our own wonderful Karen Prell? I THINK NOT!! :excited: She wouldn't tell us who she was at MuppetFest, and you could only find out as you talked to this most sweet and sincere individual. She was right there in the middle of all the fans!! And her husband Mike was super-cool, too!! He sat and talked to me and answered all my stupid questions.

I only got to meet a few others and they were all great. Everyone who was JHC related, from Charlie Rivkin and Dave Goelz to prior JHC folks, were the nicest bunch of people in the world.

Oh, and though I have no idea who he/she is, our own Secret Squirrel is a HUGE help around here answering our questions without giving too much away is THOROUGHLY appreciated, whether JHC related or not.

Thanks to all the Henson folks. You're all very, VERY cool!

Kev le FOZ

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
27 views of this thread and only Super Scooter and myself appreciate the collective whole of the JHC Peoples? Hmm...

muppet_dk

Reaction score
Fozzie Bear said:
27 views of this thread and only Super Scooter and myself appreciate the collective whole of the JHC Peoples? Hmm...
I think that we all appreciate all of them, and your first post is a bit hard to follow up on because you have said almost everything thats needed to be said. So to repeat Super Scooters comment.

Need I say more? :smile:

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hmmm...I never thunk of it that way. :embarrassed:

Oh, well, how about this. What particular aspect of the Henson people do you like?

I like their talents and friendliness. They really DO care about their fans, and are very hands-on (forgive the puppetry pun) in communicating with the fans. It isn't always a form letter you get!

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hmmm....maybe I should just shut up? :rolleyes:

So, does anybody want to attempt to say what I said but in their own way? :confused:

Super Scooter

Reaction score
Alright! Alright! Stop pickin' on Fozzie! He don't know no better!

I'll probably write something here later when I can think.

ryhoyarbie

Reaction score
trying to sing like frank sinatra

hit it :sympathy: !!!

henson people, you light up my day
you're very funny people
and what the hey.

your characters are so funny and crazy they are
when i always watch you guys
you're bigger than most stars. (except for some that are over the 250/300 pound category. but let's not go there because i may get a lawsuit from them)....

so in closing of the song i must say,
that you guys bring happiness to people everyday!

ryan