Read any good books lately?

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Right now I'm reading "Heartbreak and Triumph: the Shawn Micheals story"

It's the bio of a wrestler known as Shawn Micheals, it's starting to get pretty interesting.

Redsonga

Reaction score
Poor Sherlock Holmes..he had a hard life :frown:

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Right Now I'm reading "The Wonderful Wizard of Oz" godda love the classices.

I also just bought "Acting: The First Six Lessons" by Boleslavsky, which is for school as I'm taking an acting class.

anytimepally

Reaction score
currently reading Life of Pi, which was recommended to me by a friend and so far really makes me want to go to the zoo

muppet baby

Reaction score
I am reading the princess diriries series : the disney films are bacsed on these .

I love the movies a lot and watch them over and over .

Ok i know that these booked are in the Young adult setion of the book store but i have a thing about if i really like a movie that is basied on one book or a series of books i have to read them .:excited: I know that is silly in a way with the young adulit books the way they are with these but they are are raelly good i have read that a lot of adult woman love them since they love the movies i mean i found that when i started reading reveiws a few weeks ago . i am on the book princess in love it is the third book . i am almost done .

Then i will be on the 4th one called princess in waiting .:smile:

The autor is Meg Cabot . has any one else out there read them and like them or the movies or both :wink:

Redsonga

Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with writing young adult novels, most of them are better than 'adult' novels anyway..And the reading level of most 'adult' novels today is 5th grade to began with :stick_out_tongue:

muppet baby

Reaction score
There's nothing wrong with writing young adult novels, most of them are better than 'adult' novels anyway..And the reading level of most 'adult' novels today is 5th grade to began with :stick_out_tongue:
Oh yes i know there is really nothing wrong with reading them or writing them . Oh yes i know what u mean about some aduilt novels being almost like a 5th graders ha ha ha ha ha :wink:that is really true , acually that is why i stoped reading most of the novels that my grand mother reads ha ha i mean they are made for aduilts but they just seemed like they where writen by a 5 year old who might know to much a little bit . i hope that is not a bad thing to say . i mean that is really the only way i know how to put it .:eek: it is the truth .

muppet baby

Reaction score
Well, I mean not adult in theme so much as adult in who they are aimed at ^.~. And by 5th grade reading level I meant reading comprehension level, words an average 5th grader would understand:smile:...I know there are many Boobers out there that read years above the grade they are in (mine was college level when I was fourteen), but reading levels in the book word are based on the everyday reader in whatever grade they stand for...
So, the 5th grade reading level most popular adult novels have now is nothing to write home about :embarrassed:. And so, no one should be imbassrested reading YA fiction, which, IMHO often has more exciting plots than adult books and really when you get down to it, the same reading level, if not higher:wink:.

yes i agree with everything u said here , that is why after all of these books i mean the princess diriees series i just read some of classics and that inculdes agaitha cristiy books and then i go into the Christian theme romance and christian authors who also wright about other things .

They like those other myseries are deep but good and "clean " along other chistian autors to other themes out there .

I really love all biogophys also read them all the time along with history love it so much . all the time i read those . Got a bunch of history books on my trip to the grand cayon in the stores .

Pork

Reaction score
I have recently read "The Great Divorce" by C.S.Lewis

and another book called "Calm my Anxious Hear" by somebody whose name I forget.

Next one on my list is "Mere Christianity" also by C.S.Lewis

Anij

Reaction score
What is the book about that you are reading?

I'm reading "marley & me" by John Grogan (in English).
It's a nice story about a young couple, their uncontrollable dog (=Marley) and their three children. It's funny, sometimes a little sad too, very entertaining and quite easy to read even if English isn't your native language.