Ready for School

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, I've heard that Ready for School has been released, though I haven't seen it in stores yet (and no, I haven't been searching for it like crazy like I did when Old School Volume 1 came out). Has anybody picked it up? Is it any good?

I've read that it features the street stories from three recent epsidoes. Does it feature any segments between these stories (like any Ernie's Show and Tell segments, or Spanish Word of the Day: Esquailia)? Does it have any bonus segments?

SSLFan

Reaction score
That's it? Only one funky episode? That's very dissapointing.:smirk: :grouchy: :frown:

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I read a post on the thread for Kids Favorite Country Songs that this DVD features the street stories from the epsiode where Abby goes to school for the first time, the episode where Alan and Elmo play school, and the episode where Miles and Gabbi graduate (which is weird for a DVD titled "Ready for School", even if the epsidoe does have flashbacks to their first days of school). But still, I've heard that this DVD is 60 minutes long, and the street stories last either 10 or 15 minutes each. That doesn't add up to 60 minutes.

I also find it weird that Abby Cadabby isn't on the cover, considering how much promotion Sesame Workshop seems to be giving her. Abby would be a better choice than the generic Anything Muppet who apears on the cover with Elmo and Baby Bear.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
Well, I was at a store today and saw it in person. I looked at the box, and it seems like Abby's first day of school is just a bonus feature, and the main feature includes Miles and Gabbi's graduation, Baby Bear's first day of school, and Alan pretending to be Elmo's teacher. Interestingly, I saw Frank Oz listed as a performer. Are there any skits with his characters included?

Drtooth

Reaction score
I guess this means that we should worry if any other releases will have any old skits on it. i mean, Country music did.

minor muppetz

Reaction score
I've noticed that back when Sony Wonder released Sesame Street DVDs, there would usually be a few released on the same day (maybe a new production, an older production released on DVD for the first time, and a DVD release of Elmo's World), but both of Genius Productions releases were just one release a day.