1. Welcome to the Muppet Central Forum!
    You are viewing our forum as a guest. Join our free community to post topics and start private conversations. Please contact us if you need help with registration or your account login.

2. "Muppet Guys Talking" Debuts On-line
    Watch the inspiring documentary "Muppet Guys Talking", read fan reactions and let us know your thoughts on the Muppet release of the year.

3. Sesame Street Season 48
    Sesame Street's 48th season officially began Saturday November 18 on HBO. After you see the new episodes, post here and let us know your thoughts.

Real airdates for Seasons 7?

Discussion in 'Muppet Babies' started by wiley207, Apr 30, 2018.

1. wiley207

wiley207 Active Member

I noticed according to Wikipedia and the Muppet Wiki that the airdates for Season 7 and 8 seem somewhat in accurate. Well, on Wikipedia the airdates for Season 8 seem accurate, but it says Season 7 began airing on December 2, 1989 with "It's Only Pretendo." I don't think that's true. Consider how Season 6 had 11 episodes, which would be an average run for a later season in a Saturday morning cartoon, and Season 7 had 15 episodes. I'm pretty sure that the 7th season premiere date for "It's Only Pretendo" was most likely September 15, 1990 or maybe even September 8. The Season 7 episodes that allegedly aired in December 1989 to January 1990 still have a copyright date of 1990 (in Roman numerals, of course). Also there were quite a few production crew changes; most notably was Rob Walsh's music being replaced with Robert Irving and Hank Soryan, and it was quite jarring. Sound editorial was also changed from B&B Sound to West Productions, and as a result the sound effects drastically changed (they were using more realistic and modern sounds all of a sudden compared to the older Hanna-Barbera sound effects heard in prior seasons). I don't think they would really do that in the middle of a season's production cycle.

The copyright info for each season can be found here. Note that the last five Season 3 episodes got held over to the start of Season 4, but that's a different case from here...
    http://muppet.wikia.com/wiki/Category_talk:Muppet_Babies_Episodes#7_or_8_seasons.3F