"Real" Cartoon Characters on Sesame Street

JLG

Reaction score
I'm curious to know what were all the "real" cartoon characters that popped up in SS skits over the years, as opposed to incidental characters designed for just the skit, or even recurring ones like Teeny Little Super Guy and Christopher Clumsy.

Here are all the ones I know about:

Jughead (from "Archie")---appears in a "J" cartoon.

Pink Panther--appears in a "K" cartoon.

Batman---Ol' Batsy, Robin, and the Joker appear in a cartoon about crossing the street. (this was the same Batman version that was running on Saturday mornings at the time. [around 1970])

Beetle Bailey---features in a cartoon about "first" and "last".

The Simpsons---the whole family appears in the"Monster In The Mirror" video. "BART!!"

Bugs Bunny---in a music video from around 1995 featuring some rap singer (I forget who). I think it was about caring for your teeth (?). Bugs pops up in a few scenes and jives with the rapper. He doesn't say anything, though.

Those are all the ones I'm aware of. Were there any more?

PiLfan

Reaction score
there were some cartoon shorts from the early/mid 70s that featured superman, and a few more that i think had batman as well. my memory of these are very faded though...

mikebennidict

Reaction score
To the beast of my knoweledge most of them were a one time thing.

Dantecat

Reaction score
Bugs Bunny does say a few words.But I forget what he says.And the song the rapper sings is something about "Trash".I Forgot what it's called.:confused:

GonzoLeaper

Reaction score
I've heard there's at least one cartoon with Superman talking about the letter "S". I'm thinking maybe Lex Luthor showed up with him too.
And I've heard there's a Batman cartoon with the Penguin in it and a separate one with Batman, Robin and the Joker as was already mentioned. Most of the ones I know of have been listed. I definitely remember the Jughead one- and vaguely recall the Pink Panther. That was pretty cool when they did those. It's not a cartoon, but there were also a few counting skits with the Bonanza cast (key thing is- they were in character and not just the actors appearing as themselves.) But I guess that's a whole 'nother category, though I can't think of too many other such scenarios.

LittleJerry92

Reaction score
I'm just gonna be straight up honest and not even sugar coat this.

I've known Buddyboy for at least 10 years and he's always been known to be oblivious to stuff like this. It really isn't a surprise anymore.

Bumping up old threads can be annoying, sure, but I'm just keeping my mouth shut on it because I've already been chewed out twice for it and don't need to start anymore arguments.