Real/Replica Muppets

Drew

Reaction score
I was wondering if anyone knows where I could get a real, or replica Muppet puppet from? If there isn't any floating about, then would any of you puppet makers from the forum fancy making me one for a price? (a Kermit)

I've been after a decent Kermit ever since I was a little boy. When I was about 6 my Nan made me one, and as you can see from the pics, it wasn't too great.
http://fraggledrew.netfirms.com/mc/kermit1.htm
Terrible eh? :smile: I loved it at the time though. And that black thing coming out of it's rear end is it's inside lining, which kind of shows how good the build quality is :excited:

So can anyone help me get a decent Kermit? If not a real/replica Muppet, then does anyone know of any good retail puppets?

Feel free to e-mail (fraggledrew@yahooo.co.uk)

Thanks

Whatever

Reaction score
There are puppets made by Eden and Applause which can be found on Ebay.

Drew

Reaction score
Thank you, Whatever. I'll have a look for some of them.

Also, I forgot to mention in my first post that I want a Muppet for personal use only. Don't want it to put on shows or anything like that.

Drew

Reaction score
Thanks :smile: Is it safe to get stuff sent from the US to the UK? cos I live in the UK at the moment and never done any overseas eBaying before.

Whatever

Reaction score
I have no idea, but there are several guys on here who live in the UK and they seem to do it a lot.

Drew

Reaction score
Thank you very much. I think I might go for that UK one :smile: I'm also still interested in a real/replica one that looks real if anyone knows where to get one from, if it's possible at all.

Whatever

Reaction score
Real ones aren't possible, the Jim Henson Company never sells them. Replica ones break copyright laws, but you might find a puppet maker who would make you one in a private agreement.

jediX

Reaction score
I don't think they break any replica copyright laws if you make them yourself for non-profit, personal usage.