Really irritated

Moran9969

Reaction score
Ok...

Like all the losers (what my fiancee calls me), I was excited for my Christmas gifts come December 25. I received from her, the Backstage, Jim Henson, and Adventure Kermit. My mom and dad got me Fozzie and Pops, and with Xmas money, I went down to Silver Snail Comics and picked up Chef, Silver shirt Lips and Brown shirt Lips. Thank God that I bought two lips... first off... when I was putting the Backstage Playset together, I noticed in the top rear wall, there was a large crack in the plastic. I was ok with that, seeing as how it wouldnt be noticeable. The side wall gave me the most difficult time putting it together, and when I finally did get it in, the very front circular notch would not catch and hold the wall in. So no matter how hard I tried, the **** wall was sticking out right at the front! I had to use Krazy Glue in order to keep it together. Not to forget that Kermit's desk almost broke right off when i was putting the stage together. Lastly taking the accessories out, one of the arms on the bloody coat rack snapped right off when I was taking it out of the plastic baggie! Now someone mentioned to be carfull with the lights, but I had no idea that the coat rack would break so easily. All in all, I love the look of the Backstage, but Palisades workmanship on this one set of mine bit the big one. My other complaint is of the silver shirt Lips. I wanted to display him in my case with the other Mayhem members beacuse the light in my case would look awesome on his sparkling shirt. So with his left arm (the trumpet playing arm) I needed to bend it in order for him to take a poseable stance. The arm was stiff, so afraid that it would break like my backstage stuff, I put it in the freezer for a little while. When I came back, I gently, and I mean really gently because I'm scared crapless of ruining any of my Muppet goodness, and the ARM SNAPPED RIGHT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!! ****** all I was so MAD!!! I tried to Krazy Glue the arm back on so that I could display it with all the other Mayhem variants, but the arm would not stay on! So now I have a glued together Backstage, which will be fine, but the amputee Lips is ruined. There is no way to salvage this figure, unless I get my father to use his 5 minute apoxy on it, and that will look like total garbage. I don't know if complaining to Palisades will work, but I'm just really angry. I can't believe how disappointed I was with this recent release of figures and the playset. Lastly, the Fozzie face was horrible. He never in any show or movie had cross eyes. It just doesn't look like Fozzie. Thats all... hopefully my rant will be heard, and justice will prevail... here's to hoping. :smile:

~ Ryan

rexcrk

Reaction score
That stinks about Lips. My Janice figure's arm fell off and we tried Krazy Glue-ing it but that didn't work (but fortunately it DID work for the omgcnfo.com Animal's ankle). Maybe it's just my Fozzie, or maybe it's just me, but I actually love the head sculpt for the Steppin' Out Fozzie, I don't think it looks bad at all.

Vic Romano

Reaction score
That sucks, but I appreciate your review so when I get my backstage playset, I'll know what to look for. I real LOTS of reviews (espicially Mike Crawford's) because they list what broke for them and what to be really careful of, so while I am sorry about what happened with your stuff, I appreciate the heads up. As far as complaining to Palisades, I know that when S1 started, they had a pretty liberal return policy, so I'd check it out if I were you, the squeaky whell gets the grease as they say, or in this case; the busted Lips gets the glue.

Docnzhoss

Reaction score
Ouch, I'm sorry to hear about your misfortunes. A lot of Muppet characters have stiff joints, and I've heard other people say they've broken limbs on their figures. On my Super Beaker, his left elbow joint was so stiff that when I tried to bend it, the arm came off at the bicep joint. Fortunately, it was just the peg that popped out so I just snapped it back in. I've never tried the freezer method, so I don't know first-hand how reliable it is (however, now that I've read your post I don't think I trust it too much). Hopefully, you can return your items somehow or other. Good luck to you.

homerthegreat

Reaction score
O, that sucks. I find Palisades to be of the best toy quality ever. The only product of their's that has broken on me was my Stimpy from ther R&S line.

T

timrikthegorf

I think the problem is they are highly detailed and articulated so they aren't as durable. Sure, you can throw around a Star Wars figure, but they hardly have any detail orarticulation (at least the ones I have don't have any).

caper

Reaction score
So I guess when or if ever I opened my figures, I will not move their arms at all. Just make them stand and look cute.

Telly

Reaction score
Yeah...my first Muppet thing broke when I was taking it out of the package. It was the desk lamp for Pops' desk. I fixed it with duct tape. No worries though...it gives it that "Happiness Hotel" feel! :wink:

FISH'N'WOLFE

Reaction score
Moran9969 said:
I put it in the freezer for a little while. When I came back, I gently, and I mean really gently because I'm scared crapless of ruining any of my Muppet goodness, and the ARM SNAPPED RIGHT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!!
Yeah, that's what happens to hard rubber and plastic when it's cold, it breaks easily. I don't know who came up with the freezing idea, I would've thought most people would have known that most types of plastic are brittle when they're cold.