Really, where are the Disney lawyers to do something about these rip offs!

D'Snowth

Reaction score
I just happened to think... didn't Sesame Workshop once tried to file a lawsuit against Pixar over Monsters, Inc.? Because of the concept of friendly monsters, and the name Sully?

Super Scooter

Reaction score
No, it was a different company, I think. The writer of a children's book about monsters tried suing them

Drtooth

Reaction score
I just happened to think... didn't Sesame Workshop once tried to file a lawsuit against Pixar over Monsters, Inc.? Because of the concept of friendly monsters, and the name Sully?
As Scooter Mentioned, it was a lame book written by a forgotten author called "There's a Kid Under My Bed" or something like that. Sesame Street was an influence, clearly... that's why they got Frank Oz to do one of the voices. There is no bad blood between those two companies at all. Remember, SW gave Pixar some of it's first exposure... so naturally, they'd want to have a nice little homage to them.

There was a story of another suit between a less than talented kid's musician named Mr. Ray and Disney/Pixar over the character in Finding Nemo... Mr. Ray the singing teacher. Which is bull on the musician's part. He felt it was some sort of nasty parody of himself or something like that. Having listening to the real Mr. Ray's music, I have to say the cartoon character's music was far superior. he should have taken it as a compliment.

JJandJanice

Reaction score
Is it because they're afraid of looking like hypocrites over the Kimba the White Lion/Lion King or Secrets of the Blue Water/Atlantis: The Lost Empire controversy (look it up)? In those cases, those are just bizarre co-incidences (sort of like the movie Ghostbusters not knowing of the live action 70's series The Ghost Busters, and causing 2 cartoons in the 1980's)... but this is willfully trying to steal a movie in theaters and profiting from someone else's copyright. Plus, I think it would be a boon to mankind if Disney shut these lousy little animation studios that make horrible movies that nearsighted old people buy for their Grandkids.

It's just as bad as that illegal "Chicken Little" sticker sets I saw called "Sea Life" I swear I'll buy them and post them here someday.
You know there was also that whole thing over the Disney movie The Wild and Dreamworks movie Madagascar.

D'Snowth

Reaction score
And that link didn't give anyone else a virus? Because it sure did me!