Recipe Swap Out

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Hi,

We can consider this the Muppet Central Cook Book! :stick_out_tongue:

This might be good to try some new foods from one another, as well as taste some quisines from our friends across the waters from where you live right now!

So, pull out your recipes and start swapping!

FOZ

Don'tLiveonMoon

Reaction score
Ooh! I've got the most delicious thing ever - and it's really easy to make. It's called Cherry Delight... and it's delighful! I'll post the recipe when I can find it...
Erin

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
Pumpkin Spice Cake

*1 Spice Cake Mix
*1 can pumpkin (15 oz.)

Combine the 2 ingredients above into a (PAM) sprayed 9x13 inch cake pan, bake on 350 degrees for 30 minutes.

123 Cake

*1 lb frozen fruit (any kind)
*1 white cake mix
*1 20 oz. bottle Diet Sprite

Spray 9x13 inch cake pan with PAM. Layer frozen fruit evenly on bottom of pan, "Just Peachy" Saladsprinkle dry cake mix evenly on top (make sure it doesn't clump up). Carefully pour the Diet Sprite over the entire cake mix to moisten it, cover with foil and bake at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes; then, remove foil, bake an additional 10 minutes or until brown.

You can use different kinds of fruit or cake mixes to create lots of different varieties.

Just Peachy Salad

Needed:
3 15-oz. cans sliced peaches, drained, cut into thirds
1 cup fat free whipped topping
1 cup fat free cottage cheese
1 small box sugar free peach jello

Mix Peaches, whipped topping, and cottage cheese; sprinkle Jello powder over top, mix well, then chill.

Caramel Apple Salad

1 20 oz can crushed pineapple with liquid
1 pkg sugar free instant butterscotch pudding (dry mix only)
4 small apples cored and chopped (leave skin on for fiber)
1 12-oz. carton fat-free whipped topping

Mix first 4 ingredients in a large bowl until well blended, fold in whipped topping, serve chilled.

Crustless Pumpkin Pie

1 15-oz can pumpkin
3/4 cup Splenda (sugar substitute, good stuff!)
1/2 cup Egg Beaters (egg substitute, I think it's a substitute, but it's good for you)
1 1/2 cup skim milk
1 tsp pumpkin spice
1/2 tsp salt

Mix together and bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes, and then 375 for 45 minutes more.

Peach Cobbler My favorite recipe!

Preheat oven to 400 degrees

Melt 1 stick of butter, or 8 tablespoons of soft margarine, in Pyrex bowl

Mix (really good) in separate bowl:
1 cup flour
1 ½ cup sugar
1 cup milk

Add the mixture to melted butter in Pyrex bowl (just pour it over top of butter).

Drain your LARGE CAN of peaches (and keep juice to drink later). Cut peaches into small pieces. Add to mixture (drop right in there).

Cook until top is brown.

Remove, then sprinkle a little bit of sugar and add little pieces of butter on top of brown crust. Bake a little longer until new butter has melted and is “browner.”

Cool, break out some vanilla ice cream, and eat your heart out!

We've also used (instead of peaches) strawberries and bananas with (drained) pineapple!

Beebers

Reaction score
Bravo, Fozzie, we're always discussing food everywhere else in the forum, now, a place for foodies. Excellent, I'm starving.

:excited:

Beebers

Reaction score
My recipes are mostly from fresh ingredients all the time so they might sound like work but they're not.

This is a fast veggie side (sorry to those who hate veggies. I'll do other stuff too.) It's unbelievably yummy/easy for those who like this kind of thing.

2 large cello packages fresh spinach (I hear you groaning out there.) or
2 lbs. loose fresh, washed with stems trimmed.
4 cloves garlic crushed and minced
1 medium onion minced
Toss together in an olive-oiled casserole dish. Drizzle with 1/2 cup good olive oil, kosher salt and black pepper to taste, toss. Bake in 300 oven 5-7 minutes, serve.
(Will reduce considerably, only serves 2-4.) Everybody loves this dish., even the veggie-haters.

:cool:

Beebers

Reaction score
Get some Cool-Whip and a pound of strawberries or any berry you like.
Clean the berries, de-stem them, etc., chop up. Put them in a bowl, sprinkle 2 tsp. of sugar and a splash of vanilla on them, stir well. Let stand in fridge an hour. Stir. Drain before using, keeping a dab of the juice so they don't dry out.
With a spoon, mix them with the Cool Whip, let stand in fridge an hour. Bake according to package directions a box of puff pastry, in your dessert freezer section of store. Cut pastry into the shapes you want before baking. When baked, let cool, slice horizontally in half each pastry, fill with fruit mixture to make a sandwich. These are incredible easy desserts but I eat them for breakfast. They'll keep well in fridge 3 days. You can mix fruits, add liqueurs, anything you want.

:cool:

Beebers

Reaction score
Let's remember Martin King Jr., before this day is done.

:attitude:

Whatever

Reaction score
They reenacted the march in Washington DC at my university. Pretty neat. I backed out of going because I need to study Spanish.

Fozzie Bear

Reaction score
IMPORTANT NOTE!

I was talking to someone about the recipe I'd been given for the 123 Cake--the second recipe I posted--and they said DO NOT USE DIET SPRITE! The ingredients when creating "diet" food can/could/might turn to poison when heated! I got that recipe from someone taking Weight Watchers. They said, instead, use regular Sprite for that recipe.