recycled puppet

buckshot

Reaction score
so the other day i decided to use bits of foam that i had left over from another puppet i made to make a new puppet. the head looks pretty cool so far...i just glued 1-2 inch thick strips of foam on top of each other until the head was formed. so that's part one.

the next part is where i'm stumped. i usually cut the covering material out at the same time i cut the foam out (from the same pattern). i didn't use a pattern for this head, so what would be the best way to cover the foam? should i try to create a rough pattern based on the assembled head? or should i just glue on strips of material to the head? this is totally experimental, so any ideas are very welcome. thanks!! :big_grin:

Show and Tell

Reaction score
Hey Jinx! Buckshot made one of those particle board puppets you were talking about. I'd love to see this when you get done.

Buck-Beaver

Reaction score
Probably what you want to do is "drape" the foam with the fabric and then try to figure out where to make cuts so the fabric will fit together properly. Sorry there's not really any good tutorials on this that I've seen. Someone with more sewing experience than I have could probably explain it better (Muppet Quilter?).