Red hot 'I' film question

mikealan

Reaction score
Hello! Was the live-action film where the red-hot letter 'I' was being made shown on Unpaved?

Stupendous Man

Reaction score
Red Hot "I"

Yes, the "Red Hot 'I'" was on Unpaved. It was on episode #2558, the one where Maria goes to the doctor.

dustinrn

Reaction score
I saw "I-beam" or "red-hot I" on unpaved 2 years ago and it STILL scared me. I didn't think it would be on but the showed it at the very end. I honestly think that film was made to intentionally frighten kids.....anyone else agree. Oh- by the way, i know some people have asked where that was made.....it was filmed at the former South Works of the United States Steel Corp, in Chicago, Illinois. The steel mill was closed and demolished in 1992.

dustinrn

Reaction score
is there any way to post pics in here? i have some stills of I-beam to post

Nickrj

Reaction score
Re Red hot 'I' film question

Hey dustin do you know what year the I beam was filmed in Chicago?

Nick Johnson

dustinrn

Reaction score
probably late 1976 or 1977.....the clip made its debut on SS in 1977.....season 9 i believe

Censored

Reaction score
It's interesting to hear of all the strong feelings associates with this film. I was always kind of indifferent to it and thought it was one of their duller skits. Then again, there were other skits that scared me that others may not be able to relate to. I think it depends on the child.

dustinrn

Reaction score
i think it actually all depends on what age you were when you first saw this, a lot of people were older than say, toddler age, when they first experienced this film.....i probably first saw this film in 1979, when i was two. I dunno, just something about the music and how the camera was always right up on the hot piece of steel.......i think i was mainly afraid that if I got too close to the tv screen it would burn me......pretty rediculous, huh.....or maybe i was just a sissy-boy lol :flirt:

mikebennidict

Reaction score
Chicago. that's were i'm from. wonder what got them to come out here to film that. Pittsburgh is a lot closer.

Xerus

Reaction score
What I didn't like about this skit was that it looked like that poor beam was getting tortured, especially seeing it getting shoved into that intense heat crumbling to death.