Redecorating in Muppet Style... help

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
Hey, I need the help of some muppet-aholics.

I'm decorating the children's sanctuary of my church, I'm the kids pastor at my church. I had to go to one of those board meeting things to get approval for my project.

What I told them was that I wanted to decorate the kids church so it looked like the Muppet Theatre from the old Muppet Show. They really loved the idea. But I need to give them a picture.

But I've been in search of a picture of the set with no luck. Does anyone in this forum have a pic from a book or game or anything at all? All my workers love the idea, and I don't think I'll ever have this opportunity again.

Even if I can't do a reproduction, I do love the look and feel, because it's fun enough for kids, but still classy. Please help me if you can.

Markus

Salmoto

Reaction score
I am sorry to say this but I've probably seen 3 threads go by where people were looking foer images of the empty Muppet theater, and came up with nothing. Even in my own head I can't remember if there was even a time I ever saw the stage without at least a ton of Muppets standing on it all at once.

However, I think that this is a great idea and I'd hate to see it slip by like others. I know alot of you, especially those of you who compile the articles for Muppet Central can provide an accurate description of what te entire Muppet theater looks like, so you could at least give him that. And also, Markus, even though you don't have an image, you still have an idea in your own head what it looks like, so you can start with that.

Just a suggestion, don't hurt me...

BlueFrackle

Reaction score
Hey,

You can always get a Screen Grab from a DVD.

See ya

gymkatarules

Reaction score
Yeah, I think if you take a look at enough Muppet shows you can at least make some sketches. Most episodes show quite a bit of the backstage from quite a few angles (like the Julie Andrews episode with the cow). Sorry I'm not more helpful.

-Chris

CaptCrouton

Reaction score
I wasn't really thinking that I need an empty stage, but more of an overview picture for the concept. I also doubt I'd have the backstage area.

I do have nice pictures of the little gold decorating stuff from the back of my Bunsen Honeydew Palisades figure.

Unfortunately I don't have any of the Muppet Show DVDs or screen grab technology. I was planning on waiting for the Sept 3 release in local stores. But this is probably the way to go. Maybe I'll order one or two on the Time Life site.

Thanks for answering, guys. I really appreciate it.

Markus

p.s. One of the board members said if I do the "Muppet thing" I simply must have the balcony with "the two old guys." I don't know if he thinks I'll be able to have Statler and Waldorf to comment during children's church or what. It seems like I've always got a few Statler and Waldorf wannabes among the kids anyway.