Reflections in Foam

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Awww, Big Bird's story is really cute and very fitting for him. Now be careful playing kickball Robin and Big Bird, we all know what can happen!

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
Big Bird--I could picture him throughout the whole chapter.
Here, I could literally see him going to what the story described.
I cried when Emma had to abandon him...I was like...

I WANNA KEEP YOU BIG BIRD! *Clings to Javiee* *Sobs*

I loved it..

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
*Hugs Melissa... *Hugs Big Bird... *Hugs Robin...
Thank you for an update. You know, something I completely forgot... Robin doesn't have stories from the small cast of Muppets that were at the boarding house when this terrific tale began. Think about it, and I bet Beth or Lisa could tell you who's story's missing. Maybe a tune by the piano will help you figure it out.

Java

Reaction score
The Count said:
*You know, something I completely forgot... Robin doesn't have stories from the small cast of Muppets that were at the boarding house when this terrific tale began.
Help me out. I'm going to re-read what I've posted once I get up from bed (I've been up over 24 hours right now. There's no way I could concentrate to do this right now) but which Muppets do you all read that I definitavely have at the boarding house. The way I'm thinking right now there's only one story missing from you all having read (I'll make it clearer about the stories that Robin gets and that others get for him in a later chapter) from those that are definitavely sleeping at the boarding house in present time.

The Count said:
Think about it, and I bet Beth or Lisa could tell you who's story's missing. Maybe a tune by the piano will help you
Lisa's reading my story? Really? The Queen of fan-fic likes what I write?

Sorry, I sometimes have self-confidence issues.

But I appreciate any and all help from those reading to make sure that I haven't made and oversight and I'll talk to you later this evening after I'm awake and need to expend some energy to be able to sleep in preparation of my test tomorrow.

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
You have self confidence issues?

Aw, come on.

Your fic is AWESOME.

:big_grin:

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Aw... Sorry to speak in riddles Melissa. Sometimes tend to do that. Will spell it out then... R is for the readiness he plunges through the day... O is for the openness he hears you with... W is for the white and black keys he pounds... L is for his likeable demeanoooor... F is for the fur that covers from head to toe... Put them all together and you get Rowlf, the entertainer of the show.

Will send you something I promised in a bit...

Java

Reaction score
Thanks Ed! Just wanted to make sure I was thinking the same. (I'm up much earlier than I thought I should be.)

Java

Reaction score
Chapter 11

“Uncle Scooter! Uncle Scooter!" Robin slid across the waxed floor of Hooper’s store to the booth where Scooter sat with Fozzie, Gordon, Bob, Maria, and Luis.

“Yes Robin.”

“Can you make a copy of this for Uncle Kermit? I really think he’d like it!" He thrust the picture out hopping impatiently from one flipper to the other.

“Sure," Scooter started, “Would you like…”

“No time! I’ve got more stories to get!" Robin slid his way back to the door where Big Bird was waiting to go with him to the alley.

“I just don’t know how Kermit does it," Fozzie stated as he watched Robin go. “I don’t know how you all do it.” He turned back to their hosts “You’re saints.

“Is he just a little too excited for you?" Bob chuckled.

“You could say that.”

They shared a quick laugh before turning the subject back to the usual business and speculating about who Kermit was trying to help.

“So, he won’t say who it is?"

“No, Bob, but I tell you one thing," Scooter leaned back in the booth picking up his tea to sip from as he spoke, “Next year I’m not going to have a headache like this trying to figure out a puzzle. Next year we’re all going to vacation together.”

“Say," Fozzie interrupted to take Scooters mind off of his responsibility, “How was Bert’s trip back?"

“Bert’s not back yet.” Maria exchanged a puzzled look with her friends. “The fishing trip that he and Ernie are on isn’t going to be over for another week.”

Fozzie started wringing his tie as he exchanged a worried look that he tried to hide from everyone else with Scooter.

“I’m sure that he’s frustrated with Ernie though.” Louis chuckled. “It’s like nothing I’ve ever seen before the way he can just charm the fish into jumping into the boat.”

“But we had heard that he was going to come back on his own because Ernie was going to attend a rubber duck convention.”

“Fozzie," Scooter muttered as everyone else at the table started to show their own worry.

Quickly all agreed that there had not been a call from Bert to be picked up from the airport nor were there signs of him being back at the apartment. “We’ve been watering the window box for Ernie," Gordon told them, “We surely would have seen him already.”

“Scooter, tell me honestly," Maria reached across the table to clutch his hand, “you don’t think that its Bert Kermit’s talking to do you?"

“But Kermit was clear that the person didn’t want us to know who it was.”

“Fozzie, Kermit wouldn’t leave Sesame Street in a lurch like that though. He definitely would have called you to let you know he was helping a friend.” Scooter didn’t quite meet the eyes of everyone at the table as he made his statement.

“You’re right," Bob grabbed on to the thought, “Kermit wouldn’t leave us hanging like that. He knows that we get all the news from the boarding house.”

Silence fell over the group as each worried about all their friends they had been unable to get in touch with yet. Fingers tapped on the table and eyes wandered as they tried not to feel helpless. Finally Fozzie broke through the silence.

“Why don’t we go see what they’re up to outside? Maybe we can help record some of the stories for Robin.”

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *​

Kermit could feel the eyes starring at him. He could feel the struggle continuing in his friend. Not wanting to come on to strong he picked up his banjo and plucked so that only he could hear the sound so as not to overshadow the words. The banjo didn’t really fit the song after all.

“When the day is long and the night, the night is yours alone,
When you’re sure you’ve had enough of this life, well hang on.
Don’t let yourself go, everybody cries and everybody hurts sometimes.

Sometimes everything is wrong. Now it’s time to sing along.
When your day is night alone, (hold on, hold on)
If you feel like letting go, (hold on)
When you think you’ve had too much of this life, well hang on.”

“You know," Kermit said as he felt the weight slide onto the log, “I felt a lot like you did when Jim passed. I wasn’t sure that I was going to be able to continue either.”

“Everybody hurts. Take comfort in your friends.
Everybody hurts. Don’t throw your hand. Oh, no. Don’t throw your hand.
If you feel like you’re alone, no, no, no, you are not alone

If you’re on your own in this life, the days and nights are long,
When you think you’ve had too much of this life to hang on.”

“It took everyone to help me feel better again. Will you let some more of our friends come out here with us?"

“Well, everybody hurts sometimes,
Everybody cries. And everybody hurts sometimes.
And everybody hurts sometimes. So, hold on, hold on.
Hold on, hold on. Hold on, hold on. Hold on, hold on.”

As Kermit ended the song he saw the nod out of the corner of his eye. Relieved he set his banjo to the side and picked up his phone.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Louis? Mayhaps you mean "Luis"?

Now then, as for this chapter B-B-B-Bert? Nooooooooo! Please no! Not Bert... Though I can certainly sympathize with him if it turns out to be... Loved how Robin's a bundle of energy sliding in and then back out of Hooper's. Hate that Fozzie's the one who planted the seed of doubt by spilling the info from the phone conversation earlier... Love Fozzie for breaking the silence and getting everybody back on track to help Robin outside... Nice song, though the unknown person adding their weight to the log and silenly shortly nodding their head agreeing to let Kermit bring some other friends there...

Oh Melissa, please post more now that I'm worried for one of my fave characters!