Reflections in Foam

Java

Reaction score
Oops, soory about the spelling. Going back to fix it now.

ReneeLouvier

Reaction score
Oh my gosh! ...please, write more and as soon as possible Melissa!

redBoobergurl

Reaction score
Wow....I had a hunch, still have a hunch, but still...this is just so good and the intregue! Nice touch with the song, I love REM. Keep it coming!

Java

Reaction score
You know something- writing SS monsters is hard! More kudos to everyone who has written these wonderful SS fanfics with them.

Anyway, I'm not going to be able to get another chapter up tonight but I want to double check something wtih you guys.

Of course, searching Muppet Wiki has helped but they list all the SS monsters not just those that are more prominent.

I'm wondering if there is anyone I'm missing from my list of SS monsters that are more prominent in the show (at some point or another, not neccessarily right now)

My list is:
Grover
Cookie Monster
Telly
Herry
Elmo
The Two-Headed Monster
Rosita
and
Zoe

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
Well... Yah, that'd be the main monsters... Though you can also glance through my Muppet Listings 17 and just search for the entries with SST designations or "Monster" in their names.

Some left out were:
Merry Monster (voiced/performed by Joey Mazzarino).
Ruby Monster.
Sheri Netherland, Humphrey, Ingrid, and Baby Natasha.
Juliette, Telly's sort of girlfriend.
Mona, Telly's sister.
Aristotle.
Frazzle Monster.
Delly Monster.
Deena and Pearl.

Just a few, would be happy with Frazzle and Ruby added to the cast you've already got. Hope this helps somewhat and sorry if it only adds more than a handful to the stories you're juggling for inclusion in this potential masterpiece.

Java

Reaction score
I don't know much about Frazzle and Ruby... I'll have to see if I can find footage of them. The monster stories are going to be unique in and of themselves so...

Off to iron out the details.

The Count

Staff member
Reaction score
OK then... Lemme give you some sketches to look for on youtube or wherever it is you get ém from.
Frazzle: "Fuzzy And Blue", "Frazzle!", both SST songs.
Ruby: Guys and Dolls from Monsterpiece Theater.
Hope this helps, can't wait to read what you've got cooking for us.

*Is reminded of hunger, both literary and actual hunger. Mmm, maybe I'll just eat this big letter M till I get back home.
*Munches on the melon-flavored (and made out of the fruit itself) M.

Java

Reaction score
I really hope that you all like this next chapter as it has taken me much longer than I thought it would to write. The stories in this one are a little bit different than the other stories you'll be getting but I've always felt that these characters had a kind of a unity about them that I saw best conveyed this way. You'll see what I mean.

Thank you Ed, for all the help with this chapter.

Also, to note about the information towards the end of the chapter - I got it from either Muppet Wiki or imdb.com

Enjoy!

Java

Reaction score
Chapter 12 - The Monster Story

Robin stood on the edge of the alley, his eyes as big as saucers watching monsters of Sesame Street wiggle, prance, shimmy, shake, and parade around as they sang together. He couldn’t believe he was seeing one of his favorite songs in person.

"Wubba wubba wubba wubba woo woo woo"
Wubba wubba wubba and a doodly do
He sang "Wubba wubba wubba" so I sang it too
Do not wubba me or I will wubba you
Do not wubba me or I will wubba you”

Big Bird gently scooped up Robin and set off into the group, joining in the song with the others.

“Told the monster in the mirror, "No, I am not scared"
Then I smiled at him and thanked him for the song that we had shared
Well, the monster thanked me too, he smiled right back and then
The monster in the mirror sang his song again

He said "Wubba wubba wubba wubba woo woo woo"
He went "Wubba wubba wubba" and I sang along
Yes, wubba wubba wubba is a monster song
Wubba wubba wubba is a monster song”

Carefully, while singing and now wiggling around just as much as the rest of them, Big Bird navigated through the group to get to the steps and placed Robin gently on the platform between flights.

“Wubba wubba wubba wubba woo woo woo
He went "Wubba wubba wubba" and I sang along
Wubba wubba wubba wubba wubba wubba
Yes, wubba wubba wubba is a monster song
Wubba wubba wubba is a monster song

If your mirror has a monster in it, do not shout
This kind of situation does not call for freaking out
And do nothing that you would not like to see him do
'Cause that monster in the mirror he just might be YOU!”

Each monster turned and pointed at one another as Robin hopped up and down singing along.

“Singing "Wubba wubba wubba wubba woo woo woo"
Wubba wubba wubba you can join in too
Wubba wubba wubba wubba wubba wubba
Yes, if you wubba me then I will wubba you
If you wubba me then I will wubba you

Going wubba wubba wubba is the thing to do
Every time you wubba us we'll wubba you”

“Why, hello little frogiiieee babiiieee! You must be Kermit’s nephew!” Grover bounded up to introduce himself to Robin, “and I am cute, adorable and fuzzy Grover. Are you going to play kickball with us? I am team captain.”

“Grover,” Big Bird started to say.

“Do not worry there Bird. I have brought the coin to help us decide who shall pick first as team captains. Ready?”

As Grover poised to flip the coin in the air, Big Bird gently placed his wing over his hand and looked out at the whole group.

“Hey everybody, I know that we were planning on playing kickball but we’ll have to wait until later to do that.”

“But why Bird? Elmo wants to play.” The little red monster looked pleadingly up at Big Bird and Robin.

“Well, because now we have something more important to do.”

“Like, eat cookies?”

“No, Cookie Monster.”

“But, Big Bird,” Telly wrung his hands together, “what could it be?”

“I’m trying to tell you all.”

“I hope it’s a fun and exciting new game!” Murray cried over Big Bird.

“Elmo thinks that Big Bird is trying to tell us!”

“Thank you Elmo! You see, we have a visitor” Big Bird pointed to Robin so that all would notice him sitting on the stoop.

A collective “oohhh,” echoed through the monsters gathered as they all strained to see him better.

“His name is Robin, he’s Kermit’s nephew, and he has a few questions to ask us so that we can help out a friend who’s not feeling so well.”

Robin could feel the excitement of everyone gathered and he loved knowing that he was in a community that was always willing to lend a hand. “Really guys,” he started, “all I want to do is find out how you came to Sesame Street.”

The crowd began to murmur as each one thought about their different situations. Grover looked around and realizing there were only monsters in the crowd slipped off to the nearest telephone booth.

“Ahh, but some of us have the same story, little frog.” Herry called out.

“No,” Robin called out to assure him, “they maybe similar but they aren’t the same. Everyone has a story unique to them.”

“Excuse me, Elmo has a question.”

“Yes, Elmo.”

“Even if some of our stories are the same, not everyone is here, how are you going to get there stories?”

Robin held up his hand as everyone murmured their agreement to Elmo’s observation. “Well, I have…”

“This looks like a job for Suuuuu-per Grover!”

“What?” Robin looked puzzled.

“You can talk to the monsters here while I Suuuuu-per Grover go get everyone else to come here.”

“Well, yea, I think that would be good. I like that.” Robin smiled and became even more confident in his quest to help their friend.

“Up, up, and away!” With that Super Grover took off into the skies to round up those that hadn’t come to play kickball.

“I’ve got an idea too, if you don’t mind my help Robin.” Big Bird said.

“What is it?”

“Why don’t you take the group of monsters who all have similar stories first and I’ll line up everyone who has a different story so that they’ll be ready to share with you.”

“That sounds great!”

Gently Big Bird took Robin from the stoop and placed him on the picnic table where a big group of monsters had gathered. His eyes grew wide as he looked at the group around him.

“Aww, now little frog, there’s no reason to be scared. We’re not going to hurt you.” Herry was very careful to place his hand gently on Robins back to comfort him.

Chuckling a little, Robin replied “I’m not scared of you. My best friend Sweetums is a big monster. I just didn’t think there would be so many of you in this group.”

“That’s what happens when you’re a monster though,” Zoe giggled as she answered Robin.

“Well, then I think I should write down all of your names first.”

“Okay!” They cried and carefully went around the table making sure that Robin had time to write each name.

“So,” Robin said looking back at the group, “Let me make sure that I have this right. I have here with me Rosita, Zoe, Herry, Murray, Frank and Stein, Merry, Mona, Ruby, Aristotle, Juliet, Deena, Pearl, Humphrey, Ingrid, Natasha, and Frazzle.”

All nodded as they heard their names read and waited patiently for Robin to continue.
“Well, I guess, the first thing that I need to know is why do you all think that your story is the same?”

“Well, we all had friends that played with us before we came here.” Rosita volunteered from the group.

Ruby was the next to speak. “But our friends grew up and weren’t able to play with us any more.”

“Yebehh behha, ywahh. Beeahh, mwuahh huuha.” Frazzle offered.

“He means that it made us very sad when that happened.” Murray translated for Frazzle.

“Our friends didn’t forget about us though,” Aristotle said.

“Each of our friends made sure that we had a new home to come and play in.” Herry volunteered.

“And that home was Sesame Street, were we could still be a family,” Humphrey spoke as he put his arms around Ingrid and Natasha.

“Hey, a ggiba, simple,” Frank called out, “Yea, ggiba simple!” Stein agreed.

“I guess your stories are simple. Wow.” Robin thought a little harder about what he had just been told about most of the monsters on Sesame Street. “Do you all remember who your friends were before coming here?”

“He was a wonderful kid. I really loved playing with him.” Herry called out first, “Jerry taught me so many neat things. We even shared a song together about sitting halfway down the staircase.”

“I know that song too!” Robin shared a big smile with Herry, “maybe we can sing it together later.”

“Oh, I’d really like that!”

“Good. How about you Ruby? What can you tell me about your friend?”

“Camille was wonderful. She liked to help teach people how to make puppets seem real.”

“My friend Carmen always wanted to be on TV.” Rosita remembered, “Gee, I hope she did it. She must be all grown up by now.”

Juliet quietly raised her hand to speak next. “Cheryl was such a pretty girl. She always wanted to be able to do magic.”

Zoe twirled over to Robin to talk about her friend. “I liked Fran. She always wanted to be in a movie. We used to pretend that we would be big movie stars together.”

“Kathryn really liked to read. We shared so many books together!” Mona told Robin.

“Muhabubba, bbah. Bbah muba yubba. Yubba, buhhaa huubba bubbaa mummbah.” Frazzle called out whipping a tear away from his eye.

“What?” Robin carefully looked around to see if anyone could translate for him.

“Oh, his friend was named Christine. But she was very sick. Her daddy brought him here to be with us for her.” Herry answered.

“Jim,” Frank called out. “Yea, Jim.” Stein agreed as they each bowed their heads in respect.

Aristotle carefully worked his way over to Robin and placed a hand on his back. “Hi, Robin.” He said quietly. “Richard was my friend’s name. He really was a wonderful person who liked to take charge and go for what he wanted. He also enjoyed having fun. We used to see who could do the best joke to each other.”

“Our friends liked to draw and write” Pearl told Robin, “Deena’s friend’s name was Karen, she’s the one who liked to draw. My friend’s name was Brian, and I think he still does a lot of writing.”

“Our friend, David” Humphrey spoke up about his family so Robin could hear over the noise from the crowd that was starting to gather in the alley, “always liked commercials. I remember that he had a pet turtle too. I think his name was Leonardo.”

“Oh wow, I get to be last and that was today’s word!” Murray smiled at Robin as he spoke. “Merry and I have the same friend, Joey. He’s so silly! He always liked to play around and see how long it would take to make others laugh.”

Scooter smiled as he watched Robin look over his list, nodding as he made sure every monster’s name had a friend beside hit.

“Thanks guys,” Robin said as he turned to a fresh page and called out. “Hey, Big Bird! Who do you have that would like to come next?”

BeakerSqueedom

Reaction score
I get jealous at the way you type it all so wonderfully!
I could follow the chapter so well and the events that took place simply because you have such a way with stories! This chapter was actually more cheerful than the others. Each had a slight dark atmosphere but this one was a little high up there.

I.Love.You.